Site Sponsors

Thread: New Website well worth visiting.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

New Website well worth visiting.

My friend and occasional shooting companion, Mark Dubuvoy, has just published a new website that is rather different from the norm. I highly recommend it.

http://photoaesthetics.com
    Bill CB

www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: New Website well worth visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    My friend and occasional shooting companion, Mark Dubuvoy, has just published a new website that is rather different from the norm. I highly recommend it.

The Best of Photography: Images, Articles, Opinion, Reviews and Techniques - Photo Aesthetics
    I was truly taken when I saw that fabulous cover picture. A little dabbling into the site gave confusing impressions.

Then I saw this: Best way to carry a Leica M Outfit? - Photo Aesthetics - Photo Aesthetics

Anyone into camera bag aesthetics and has a site for it (or an article about it), hmm, that is dime a dozen. Very disappointing.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post

The Best of Photography: Images, Articles, Opinion, Reviews and Techniques - Photo Aesthetics
    Thanks Bill. The story telling aspect is refreshing. The "Great White Shark" adventure is a good read, punctuated by some ferocious pics.

Wide range of subjects ... but one need not click on all of them

- Marc

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

interesting. liked the comments about ansel and edward.

in the swiss made bit, i learned you can shoot a phase back in "bulb" mode, popping the flash to build light, no shutter at all

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems okay. A bit too much eye candy and frippery in the site design for my tastes.

Some of the articles seem well written when the subject is about a photo or series of photos and the story behind them. Some of the photos are nice, others are not to my taste, as normal.

Other articles ... I looked at the equipment article on the M cases and closed it almost immediately. Bleck: hyper-expensive leather belt carry systems are not at all interesting to me.

Still looking for what I want in a photo site, blog, or magazine that isn't "all about equipment." Some are okay, most are pretty crummy.

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post