The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quick... which one would you rather shoot?

Which one would I want to shoot based on controls only?

• Sony (on left)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Fuji (on right)

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bradhusick

Based solely on the control layout, which camera would you rather shoot? Glance at the photo below and don't over-think it... make a fast gut decision. Click on your choice above here ^

Last edited:

Tim

This poll is rigged, I've seen this question somewhere else, now I am putting my tin foil hat back on. :D

They both sort of have the same number of controls. Fuji just spent more on labels.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Instinctively, I would say the one to the right (Fuji?), but I suspect I would prefer the deeper grip of the Sony for longer shoots.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
One thing that I haven't noticed before is how little the viewfinder of the Fuji protrudes from the body. That's quite nice, actually :)

bradhusick

This poll is rigged, I've seen this question somewhere else, now I am putting my tin foil hat back on. :D

They both sort of have the same number of controls. Fuji just spent more on labels.
Nothing is rigged. These are just photos of two cameras. I am asking for a gut reaction. There is no "right" answer.

Tim

Nothing is rigged. These are just photos of two cameras. I am asking for a gut reaction. There is no "right" answer.
sorry about that Brad, I probably should stay off the forum after having some beverages.
I voted but can't recall which now. :facesmack:

Jorgen, I noticed the "flatness" of the XT1 too.

4season

Fuji looks great, but I'd have to go with the Sony because it's more of a known quality.

Have briefly sampled Fujifilm's X-Pro1 and wasn't liking it's controls as much as I expected to: Too thin (shutter speed dial), too notch-y (exposure compensation) etc--just little things. But whatever: if I already owned some Fuji lenses, I'd probably get used to them. Not going to sweat that stuff after my money's already been spent.

Godfrey

The Sony for its less busy, more generously spaced controls and viewfinder with more eye and nose relief.

G