The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A small but significant moment

tashley

Subscriber Member
I've been doing close to no personal work at all, other than family and vacation snaps, for several months now: I just felt like taking a creative break, like everything was getting stale and repetitive.

After lunch today I took a sofa nap, and woke up as dusk was falling to see beautiful light outside. Completely forgetting that I was a photographer, I went for a walk. It was stunning. Then I suddenly remembered the iPhone in my pocket and so I became a photographer again - and for the first time in really quite a while, I actually enjoyed it.

Some of them aren't even in focus...

D

Deleted member 7792

Tim,

Good to have you back, albeit for a few snaps with an iPhone. The mood, light and atmospherics are better than most of us capture with our 36MP monsters. Just proves that creativity may rest, but can easily be reawakened. Thanks for sharing the moment and the story.

Joe

tashley

Subscriber Member
Thanks chaps! Bart, you're so right, fun has gotten buried in all the desire for technical perfection - I said to myself that that would never happen but it finally did!

But here I am, looking at the iPhone snaps and thinking "I really like those as an impression but actually the noise is too digital for my taste and the..."

OH NO!

cunim

Tim, great to see you posting again. While these don't speak to me (my bad, I am insensitive) I expect they are birthing pains for something that will. Breathe deep and push lad.