The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Everyone's a f.... photographer

Lars

Link is gone, so we're back to normal. Not everyone is a photographer.
Thanks for the inspirational bird pics though.

Tim

I went to the site and typed "photographer" in the search box top right and it came up.

David's bird is tops! :)

herrbarnack

...“It’s getting ridiculous at this stage; every second person now is a deep thinking, arty photographer because they got an okay shot of the sun shining through the leaves,” said head of the study, and fully trained photographer Cormac Moore. “If I see one more picture of a bird on a f***ing seaside promenade barrier I’ll f***ing shoot someone – and I don’t mean photo shoot”....
Sure, everyone is a photographer nowadays - it's the same thing here in the U.S. I don't see it as a problem.

Why? Because there is one hell of a difference between being a "photographer" and being a photographer who can produce outstanding images over and over. The more generic, pedestrian crap that "photographers" churn out, the better it makes outstanding images look.

You have got to separate your work from the pack by relentlessly and obsessively honing your eye, your skills, your composition, your craft - it takes years of commitment and work. Only you can do that. The billions of generic, pedestrian crap images that are created and posted on the www. every day will only serve to help distinguish your work.