The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

If you are suffering from SERIOUS GAS

Shashin

Let this be a lesson about buying too much stuff--you are going to be too overwhelm by the quantity to sell individual cameras and no one will want to buy them all in one lot. Even at $58 per camera.

Tim

It does raise a question I was going to start a thread for.

How much gear do you hang onto for sentimental reasons, just plain fondling or because "I might use that one day"?

Or is what you own only a specific tool for a specific job and once that is all over it goes?

Me, I have a couple of film cameras that I used a lot in the day, I really like the build of, so I keep them "because I might use them one day". I also have some compact digitals that I really don't need but just can't get the steam up to move em on. The problem is they are not worth much.
I good motivator to sell unused gear is you re-purpose the value in it for something you lust after.