The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gigabit Internet service

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Little OT but pretty cool service I just upgraded my internet service. Cox cable in my area has been going Fiber Optic throughout the city so when I saw them bring it into my neighborhood and got a savings bundle package I thought I would call. Turns out with new packaging. Phone, tv and Internet i would save 40 dollars a month and get gigabit Ethernet connections. They installed it yesterday and my speeds have increased 4 times. My download speeds are in the upper 400mbps and uploads in the upper 800mbps. Very fast and it seems to be working really nice and fast both on wifi and hard wired.

Something one should look at if it comes in your area.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
My download speeds are in the upper 400mbps and uploads in the upper 800mbps.
Guess that's the other way around. I still don't get it, with FTTH connections there is no technical reason to not have it synchronous, meaning up and down at the same speed.

Same here, down 200 up 100.