The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CI In Carmel goes on the road to Lake Tahoe 2015!

kdphotography

It's back! The sixth annual Capture Integration in Carmel 2015 (also affectionately known as "Pigs")----well, okay so we're not in Carmel ----we're on the road this year, and it's now Don and Ken and CI in Lake Tahoe, "Not a Workshop Workshop," April 17-19, 2015.

It a great weekend of camaraderie with your favorite chuckleheads, the latest and greatest equipment, and a half-day of Capture One Pro 8 training focused on landscape photography. We've got a great itinerary (its changed and will be made available later ;)) and are really looking forward to a great weekend.

Registration is open under Events at Capture Integration | Home - Medium Format Digital Back Sales & Rental and Other Professional Photographic Equipment :: Capture Integration

Don and I have booked rooms at the Best Western Station House Inn, 901 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe. (530) 542-1101 ask for Mindy.

Btw, if you haven't figured out, a sense of humor is highly recommended to attend.

:D ken

Don & Ken,

Anyone demonstrating "Landscape Photography w/ Drone" in this event?

If not, probably you should add that for the next year's agenda.

Need to see what response comes from The Pigs!

Subrata

Don Libby

I've been given the chance by Leaf & Capture Integration to kick the tires so to speak on the Leaf Credo 50 Full Spectrum back. I've been using it now for 2-days in Tahoe and will continue to use/test it out as I work my way back home to Tucson stopping off in Death Valley along the way. I'm told I can have it for a couple weeks so I plan on using it as much as I can on both the Cambo WRS and Phase DF. There will be a write up soon and I'll be posting samples (so far just on Face Book) soon both here and on our blog.

Leaving Tahoe in the morning heading to DV.

don

jlm

Workshop Member
whew! back home in NYC: $85 cab ride from the newark airport.

was a great weekend, pics to come

Don Libby

Just got home after driving south through NV and stopping off at Big Dune near Beatty and overnighting in Pahrump. Still have the Credo for week or so before it has to be returned. No sooner getting home and heading back out next wee to shoot the interior of a cliff house and will be using the Credo along with a modified Q-flash. Oh what fun...

Jeffrey

The entire weekend was a blast! Imagine shooting with a group of the most eccentric people you have ever met in an incredibly beautiful setting. Many superstars of technical camera photography were present and willingly shared their skills sets with anyone and everyone.

Thanks Don, Dave,and Ken for all of your hard work in producing this event.

I took the pair of eyes that someone attached to the license plate on my car and moved them to the cover of the trailer hitch. Now anyone behind my car is being stared at by the eyes. This is just one example of the fun we had while with the group.

Suffice it to say I learned a lot but have a lot to learn about shooting technical cameras. Those cameras are so darn fun to shoot that I am considering giving up my Canon gear and shooting only technical cameras.

kdphotography

I've been distracted by facebook where most of the images from the CI in Lake Tahoe weekend have been posted----and I still have many on my hard drive that still need to be processed!

This one took a bit of a scramble to get down to the base of the falls but I think was a worthwhile climb. Cambo WRS, HR40 t/s and IQ180. This is a crop from a four image pano (stitched vertically).

ken

Don Libby

I find myself about a week behind since returning from Tahoe last week as Sand & I both came down with a superbug from hell. Sandy is on day 6 and getting better and I'm on day 4 fooling myself that I'm getting better as well. Then to top it all off we were notified of the death of Sandy's brother so we aren't in the best of places right now.

The hope is to begin posting again by the end of the week starting slow building up to images taken with a Credio 50 WS digital back (much like my A7r on steroids).

Don