The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Motivation

Godfrey

I've got an Agfa Rondinax 60 daylight developing tank on the way and figured I had to shoot a roll of 120 to try it out. So I pulled out the Voigtländer Perkeo II, fitted a Präsiza rangefinder, and loaded it with TX ...

It's a sweet camera. I'm going to enjoy shooting the next 12 exposures. :)

G

Godfrey

Ach, spoke too soon. The Perkeo's little geared gizmo that does the film transport to shutter release interlock has gotten stuck, and the interlock release lever (used when loading) is jammed as well so I can't just advance it manually. Back to the shop it goes ...

One of the excitements of playing with 64-year-old cameras is that they sometimes just get cranky. ;-)

G

4season

Hopefully it just needs a strategically-placed squirt of naphtha to get it going again.

Me, I occasionally take on a DIY camera project, and my latest efforts are an Olympus 35RC and Canon Demi EE17 half-frame. Cleaned, re-foamed, got the electronics going again, mostly just awaiting my Weincell PX625 batteries to arrive so I can verify meter calibration then go shooting! I'm actually keener to try the half-frame because I've never used one before.

Godfrey

I've never spent much time repairing cameras...
I dropped it off with Fred Mueller at International Camera Technicians on the way home (http://www.ictcamera.com). He'll put it right. I agree: it's most likely something simple.

G

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ach, spoke too soon. The Perkeo's little geared gizmo that does the film transport to shutter release interlock has gotten stuck, and the interlock release lever (used when loading) is jammed as well so I can't just advance it manually. Back to the shop it goes ...

One of the excitements of playing with 64-year-old cameras is that they sometimes just get cranky. ;-)

G
So do I.
-bob