The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It's Back! CI - Pigs Not a workshop workshop April 2017!!

kdphotography

It's back! the Pigs/CI in Carmel not a workshop workshop is on the road next year---in Bluff, UT! Mark your calendars for April 23-29, 2017

Registration is now open: https://captureintegration.com/don-kens-anti-workshop-2017/

This Pigs gathering is unlike any others---running a week long. Because of its unique location, we've included hotel/housing to keep costs down.

As usual, CI and Phase One will be providing the best in medium format digital cameras, digital backs, and lenses. This is a great opportunity to try new gear and meet great friends.

Sense of humor required. :p

KenCF000085 Ken Doo MV CI 2017.jpg

Attachments

Don Libby

There's only 16 slots with at least a couple already taken.. Should be a fun time in the Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods area and elsewhere.

Find out what happens to Dave when we get him out away from civilization :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Jeffrey

I'll be there! Year #4 as a pig with this completely dysfunctional group of photography geniuses. Anything and everything can happen with this group!

kdphotography

Change of circumstances! Two spots opened up for CI in Bluff, Pigs!

Ken

Shashin

34 people, 3 cameras, and a pair of binoculars. What kind of party is that?

Last edited:

DougDolde

I have never been able to understand the appeal of "workshops". Looks more like paid guide service. I can find my own way around the Southwest without a guide.

Shashin

I have never been able to understand the appeal of "workshops". Looks more like paid guide service. I can find my own way around the Southwest without a guide.
But then you miss the company of these wonderful photographers and their insights into the craft. Sometimes you need to be surrounded by other creative folks to make progress. It also looks like fun.

kdphotography

It's about the camaraderie. It's social. It's become a special community for sharing and learning from each other----as opposed to a single workshop leader. Not a "real" workshop but somewhere in that gray area. 2018 returns Capture Integration in Carmel. It will be our ninth annual Pigs. And as usual, there will always be something new. :D

I like to think it's about the world class BBQ. Low and slow, baby back ribs...:p

kenIMG_20170715_193209694.jpg

p.s. Part of the Traeger Nation---I'll have three Traegers smoking ribs (my own secret recipe!) in 2018...

Last edited: