The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Introduced in 2014...

rayyan

My Df is good, very very good.
My XPRO-2 is very good too.

But I am missing something...I cannot describe it in words. Maybe just my imagination...but it is always there. The feeling that I have not really experienced the ' shutter press '.

So to the D750. I held it yesterday at the dealers. The dials where just all there.
Without thinking. Not to press a smaller blip to change the exposure +-, e.g
35mm FF. Know the gap between this is and the Fuji is very small nowadays...?. But FF is still FF.

Not for sports, but fast response.

Does it still make sense to get the D750, end of 2016?
Would you folks advise for/against it. Maybe wait.

Thanks.

Godfrey

My Df is good, very very good.
My XPRO-2 is very good too.

But I am missing something...I cannot describe it in words. Maybe just my imagination...but it is always there. The feeling that I have not really experienced the ' shutter press '.

So to the D750. I held it yesterday at the dealers. The dials where just all there.
Without thinking. Not to press a smaller blip to change the exposure +-, e.g
35mm FF. Know the gap between this is and the Fuji is very small nowadays...?. But FF is still FF.

Not for sports, but fast response.

Thanks.
The Nikon D750 is a lovely camera and works beautifully. When I compared it against the Df at the store, I liked it much much more ... It seemed to fit my hands and eye better, be much less confusing to use, etc. The only reason I'm not using the D750 now is that the Leica SL came out a month after I bought it, and I'd been waiting for the SL (or something like it) for some years. Bad timing on my part...

So my Nikon D750, and all my Nikon lenses and other bodies (film bodies ... F6 and F plain prism) are for sale. I'll put up a comprehensive list soon, but if you are interested in a D750, drop me a message. Mine is virtually unused.

G

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
(...)
(...)

Rayyan, since you already have a Df, I suggest you wait and see what 2017 will bring.
At least that is what I would do.

We may see several interesting new releases in the coming year, successors to D750 and to D810, perhaps even a successor to Df.

Plus maybe even a totally new APS-C or 'full-frame' mirrorless camera line, who knows ?
How about a new S3 look-alike mirrorless series to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Nikon Corporation in 2017 .-)

Personally I am sitting on my hands, waiting in the hope for an affordable D750 successor with the viewfinder type with a round DK-17 eyepiece and built-in viewfinder curtain / viewfinder shutter.
Plus a dedicated AF-ON button.
And maybe even with no blurring filter depending on pixel count.
All in all a true successor to the D700 :angel:

I have what I consider the perfect camera for macro and tele purposes, the D500.
But at some point I also want a 'full frame' sensor camera again for normal to wide angle lenses (having sold my D610 to fund the D500).
I hope I can afford the successor either to D750 or to D810, otherwise I'll go with a used D810.
Unfortunately prices of new releases are only going up and up and up, due to the increasing crisis in the camera industry, i.e. the ongoing transition from photography to telephony :(

D750 viewfinder with DK-21 eyepiece

D810 viewfinder with DK-17 eyepiece with built-in viewfinder curtain

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
What Steen said!

While the D750 feels nice and all that, it has never given me the confidence that cameras like the D700 or the D810 has, and it's not about the size or the flip out screen, but general ergonomics and "that viewfinder". A lightweight, compact DSLR that is really equipped to the maximum would be very high on my future shopping list.

rayyan

Godfrey, Steen, Jorgen...

Thank you all for your response. Much appreciated.

I think I shall wait awhile, and see what comes during 2017. Sensible thing to do, as you guys advise.

I am grateful for the help I get here on getDPI.:salute:

Best regards and Season's greetings to all.

Swissblad

Hi Rayyan

I'm a bit late in joining this thread.... but let me echo Steen's opinion on the D500..... this really is a very fine camera, and with the Nikkor 16-80mm - it makes for a great walk-about combination....much more convenient that our FX systems we used previously. In addition, the Nikon 16-80mm is better than the Nikkor 24-120mm.
As Steen pointed out, the D500 shines for macro and tele photography - the blazingly fast AF is great for BIF - especially as the AF points have such wide coverage.
Personally, I have found it to be a great match with the Nikkor 85mm f1.8 for portraits - I guess miss my old 135mm portrait lens.
So if you have a chance - give it a try - the only real bummer of a DX system is lack of a very good wide-angle lens..... but no doubt that will change.

Take care, S ;)