The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Compendium of Getdpi Members? :)

D&A

Well here is an article defining the various types of photographers one might run into at Photokina. I'll leave it all up to you as to which types represent those found here on Getdpi (I'm looking into the mirror as I say this...LOL).

*** DISCLAINER*** Some of the names used in the article are the same as certain Getdpi members. Any similarities to their behavior, know-it-all postings, or their ability to fight tooth and nail for the photographic truths they believe in is purely coincidental....or is it? :grin:

Have fun!

8 Types of Photographer You Don't Want to Meet at Photokina

Dave (D&A)

Shashin

When I worked at Minolta, one of my colleagues who would go to these trade shows told me of the visitors with competitor's cameras that would go to him and ask if the Minolta camera had such and such or a particular spec, knowing quite well it did not. Then they would comment that their Canon/Nikon/Pentax/[insert camera brand here] did. He would smile politely (he was Japanese, after all) and tell them what a wonderful camera they have. It happened all the time.

Jan

That must not have been at times when Minolta revolutionized flash photography or introduced true AF. I still miss big blue ...

When I worked at Minolta, one of my colleagues who would go to these trade shows told me of the visitors with competitor's cameras that would go to him and ask if the Minolta camera had such and such or a particular spec, knowing quite well it did not. Then they would comment that their Canon/Nikon/Pentax/[insert camera brand here] did. He would smile politely (he was Japanese, after all) and tell them what a wonderful camera they have. It happened all the time.

Shashin

That must not have been at times when Minolta revolutionized flash photography or introduced true AF. I still miss big blue ...
Well, they have not really gone. Most are now at Sony. Some of our engineers went to Panasonic.