The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Leica Look

If you don't know what it is already, nothing I can say in a polite forum discussion is going to educate you.
I'm glad you liked the article. My opinion hasn't changed.

G
IMO this sort of dismissive writing is unfortunate, and reflects more on its writer than on the blog that folks were discussing. When I first saw Irakly's blog I found it interesting and forwarded it to a friend who knows more about lenses/optics than I do, so we might talk it over. I was interested in the way Irakly puts together both the optics themselves and the inclination that the whole camera gives us to see and work in certain ways.

IMO it's important to consider others' opinions thoughtfully instead of just aggressively asserting one's own (over and over?). Irakly is suggesting we think about a number of points he's put together, some of which may be obvious, some of which are good reminders, and some of which might be worth considering or reconsidering anew. Dismissing a well-worked-out opinion as if it were a political ideology is from my viewpoint sloppy thinking. A thoughtful person might instead chose to comment on points that might need correction/appreciation/elaboration/questioning.

Kirk

V

Vivek

Here is the true "Leica Look". No other camera can replicate it!

Leica MM sensor after 1 year in storage:

fotografz

Thank you "Mr. Glass Half Empty" ... looks familiar. :banghead:

Mine was like that after storage for far less time.

It has been recently replaced and the camera is like new. :thumbs:

Now my glass is completely full again ... so, back to producing that "Leica Look" I prefer over most anything else. :clap:

- Marc

I guess my Leica glass is about half full now, because it's doing its best to create good looks on a Sony/Kolari body.:thumbup::thumbdown:

Kirk