The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It's that fast

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My F6 is so fast that it can fill a maximum size memory strip in only 4.5 seconds. Take that, Fusonolysonic :lecture:

V

Vivek

I bet you have a shrine at home for that and decorate it with scratched outdated films. :ROTFL:

fotografz

My F6 is so fast that it can fill a maximum size memory strip in only 4.5 seconds. Take that, Fusonolysonic :lecture:
Funny post Jorgen. It reminded me of shooting weddings in the Jurassic era. Runnning to the next location while changing film ... and really counting out the shots toward the end of the ceremony so I wouldn't be caught short when the groom kissed his new bride.

If the Sony A9 were a film camera it could burn through a 36 frame roll in under 2 seconds:shocked:

Ziiip! Done!

- Marc

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jorgen,

You're probably too young to remember the MF-1 250 "round" magazines the old Nikon F2 "Motor" body -- they also made a MF-2 that held 750 frames(!) I believe they may have made one for the F3 as well, but am not certain. Anyway, the cassettes themselves were removable so you could pre-load multiple cassettes ahead of time. They had a special cassette winding tool that resembled an old film editing station, it held a full spool of your favorite bulk film so you could quickly load up a few cans in your darkroom ahead of time :)

Damn this makes me feel old -- but I guarantee you Bob remembers them too!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen,

You're probably too young to remember the MF-1 250 "round" magazines the old Nikon F2 "Motor" body -- they also made a MF-2 that held 750 frames(!) I believe they may have made one for the F3 as well, but am not certain. Anyway, the cassettes themselves were removable so you could pre-load multiple cassettes ahead of time. They had a special cassette winding tool that resembled an old film editing station, it held a full spool of your favorite bulk film so you could quickly load up a few cans in your darkroom ahead of time :)

Damn this makes me feel old -- but I guarantee you Bob remembers them too!
How can I remember that? I was just a humble OM-1 user at the time :)

Ummm... I think they made them for the F4 too: