The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finally..we will be able to cut and paste

Terry

The functionality being added in the iPhone 3 software looks pretty good.

- Push Notification: Rather than using background processes that hamper battery life, utilize third-party server to push badge, text, and audio alerts from applications.
- Turn by Turn: Apple will allow developers to use CoreLocation for turn-by-turn GPS directions.
- Cut, Copy and Paste: Available across all apps. Shake to undo or redo.
- Landscape keyboard: Available in all key applications, including Mail.
- MMS: Picture messaging now available.
- Voice Memos: Record notes, lectures, interviews, etc.
- Spotlight Search: Available across all applications. Systemwide search available from main home screen by flicking to the left.
- A2DP Bluetooth: Support for stereo bluetooth headsets.

O

Oxide Blu

Contracts for first gen iPhones start expiring this June. iApple will be introducing a reason (e.g. whole new iPhone!) for those folks to throw money at iApple, again. The new iPhone supposedly has nifty new, easy to use, cut 'n' paste functions.

stephengilbert

"Contracts ... start expiring...." Perhaps that affects the timing of the new firmware, but I believe most of the new features will work on the older phones.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I read that yesterday --- have to say I cannot wait for the landscape keyboard in mail and texting!

Amin

They pretty much put everything I wanted in that new software, and it's a free upgrade (for 3G users) too. Very good news!

Terry

Contracts for first gen iPhones start expiring this June. iApple will be introducing a reason (e.g. whole new iPhone!) for those folks to throw money at iApple, again. The new iPhone supposedly has nifty new, easy to use, cut 'n' paste functions.
There are only two hardware related upgrades that won't work with the first version iPhone: stereo bluetooth, multimedia messaging.....

However I am sure Apple will have something compelling in the next generation of hardware that will make users of both the first and second version iPhones to want to upgrade their hardware and extend their contract. It is rumored that the newest hardware will be much more powerful with multi cores, they could change around the camera and add video...so many possibilities.

woodyspedden

I read that yesterday --- have to say I cannot wait for the landscape keyboard in mail and texting!
Jack

I never bought into the first gen iPhone but now own the 3G second gen. The landscape mode is awesome! One of the best uses for it is our own GetDpi forum. In portrait you can barely read the text. But in landscape it is very very good.

I don't know what is coming in gen 3 but I am hooked!

Woody

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Woody:

We are talking about the current phone, and the fact you cannot get a landscape *keyboard* when in key apps like email or texting... They are fixing this with the new software.