The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Brilliant, dark street photos

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Thanks for sharing this . He has some really excellent photographs..especially Venice in the winter fog . His collections have a few too many shots following people at a distance and could benefit from some work on editing as a group . Taken as individual photographs ...some of these are brilliant ! He has real talent . :watch:

D&A

Very inspiring work and as pointed out he's both talented with a very keen eye in the way he captures both subject and mood of the moment of capture.

Dave (D&A)

Well, others have done the same, very successfully....:salute:...
On re-reading my own post, it does have a flavour of criticism of Ando Fuchs´ work, even insinuating plagiarism. This was certainly not my intention; I´m quite impressed by it. He does work in a similar vein to, say, Callahan or Leiter, but with his own style and visual language.

M

mjr

I love this guys work, it's simply beautiful. What I find the most interesting is his body of work as a whole, he has a beautiful style, comes across as completely at ease with his process. When I look at these shot, there's no thought of shadow detail, noise, how big it will print, no 100% crops, there's no this is better than that, it's just the image and the feelings they provoke.

Inspirational for me personally as I can only dream of producing a body of work as cohesive and expressive as this.

Cheers

Mat

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I love this guys work, it's simply beautiful. What I find the most interesting is his body of work as a whole, he has a beautiful style, comes across as completely at ease with his process. When I look at these shot, there's no thought of shadow detail, noise, how big it will print, no 100% crops, there's no this is better than that, it's just the image and the feelings they provoke.

Inspirational for me personally as I can only dream of producing a body of work as cohesive and expressive as this.

Cheers

Mat
Exactly!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If I should compare him to anybody, it would be Fan Ho's Hong Kong street photos from the fifties, but Fan Ho had a more "modern" expression and wasn't nearly as "dark" as Ando Fuchs.