The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

9th Annual CI in Carmel - Pigs 2018!

kdphotography

It's back! The 9th Annual Capture Integration (CI) in Carmel (aka "Pigs") 2018, is back in scenic Carmel, CA next year!

The event will be held on March 1-4, 2018. Registration for the event is now open online at: https://captureintegration.com/9th-annual-ci-carmel-photography-pigs-workshop/

Not quite a workshop-workshop, the emphasis is on camaraderie and photography at some of the area's most beautiful and scenic locations along the California central coast. Phase One's talented David Grover returns again this year to teach Capture One Pro. And ribs. Baby back ribs. I'll have 2-3 Traegers smoking ribs (my own special recipe) for this event. And of course, lots of great camera gear to try from Capture Integration. Space is limited.

:D KenCF015731 Carmel Sunset Ken Doo.jpgIMG_20170715_193209694.jpg

Last edited:

kdphotography

I recently acquired the Fuji GFX for an upcoming trip to Iceland. I've just started testing the camera---this image from one of my favorite spots in Carmel---and yes, it's on the itinerary for 2018._DSF0044 CI in Carmel WEB.jpg_DSF0037 WEB.jpg

Ken

kdphotography

I like the GFX. It fills a niche for me. It's a good complement to the Phase One gear. I'm not fond of the Fuji GFX post processing workflow since I am so used to C1 Pro. I'm learning though!

ken

kdphotography

"Diversity," whatever that means, is only a problem or goal--- if you think it is.

If you're concerned with the lack of females in the photo, two didn't make the portrait. We usually have a handful of ladies attend. Kim Lemaire, another female and co-host, had to cancel due to medical issues.

If you're concerned with ethnic diversity, we've had Pig alums from many backgrounds (black, asian, hispanic, etc.) including participants attending from countries outside of the US.

I'm 100% Asian, and I doubt that mattered in the slightest to those that have attended a Pigs function. Quite frankly, gender or race has never been, nor will it ever be a consideration to attend.

This photographic adventure focuses on camaraderie among those with a shared interest (photography!), learning from each other, sharing great meals together, photographing beautiful areas, and simply having a lot of fun.

Everyone is welcome (space available of course) and the only caveat that Don Libby and I have ever imposed is that if you don't have a good sense of humor, this probably isn't the right event for you. :p:thumbup:

ken:D

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I thought the diversity comment referred to the fact that there were nothing but geeks.
I don't think so ... oh, hold on, err ...
:facesmack::chug::ROTFL:

Geek:
Noun
1. a digital-technology expert or enthusiast (a term of pride as self-reference, but often used disparagingly by others).

2. a person who has excessive enthusiasm for and some expertise about a specialized subject or activity: a foreign-film geek.

3. a peculiar person, especially one who is perceived to be overly intellectual, unfashionable, or socially awkward.

4. a carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken.

verb (used without object)
5. to be overexcited about a specialized subject or activity, or to talk about it with excessive enthusiasm (usually followed by out): I could geek out about sci-fi for hours.