The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ihagee – New camera for film

V

Vivek

Brought by the people behind the new Meyer Trioplans.

Even my Cosina Bessa L has a meter. It cost me $69 new and it still works!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Hmm, not sure I quite get it.
What's the point of creating a new analogue F-mount camera when so many used analogue F-mount Nikon camera models can be had at modest prices ?
Think e.g. F3, FM2 or FM3A, or F100 - or the more expensive flagship model F6.
How likely is it that a sufficient amount of customers would prefer to go with this new Ihagee Elbaflex camera over the original Japanese F-mount cameras ?
To me it looks like a rather risky attempt, am I missing something ?

Knorp

What's the point of creating a new analogue F-mount camera when so many used analogue F-mount Nikon camera models can be had at modest prices ?
How likely is it that a sufficient amount of customers would prefer to go with this new Ihagee Elbaflex camera over the original Japanese F-mount cameras ?
To stay in the spirit of this thread: it looks like they're already became extinct before they could even emerge ... :LOL:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

I agree. Although it's always nice to buy something that's brand new, this looks like a rather risky project. To make things even harder, there's the Reflex Project, an SLR with interchangeable lens mounts and backs. With the latter, I would be able to change between F-mount and OM-mount lenses and to swap between different films mid-roll. That's innovation.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reflexcamera/reflex-bringing-back-the-analogue-slr-camera

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Is that related to the Haaj ?
"Johan Steenbergen, a Dutchman, founded a camera company called Industrie- und Handelsgesellschaft (Industry and Trade Society) in Dresden in 1912. The name was shortened to Ihagee (based on the German pronunciation of the acronym IHG, ee-hah-geh)."

Mistral75

(...)
This so-called Ihagee Elbaflex is not "a new analogue F-mount camera". It's a revamped Kiev 19M, a camera designed and manufactured from 1988 onwards at the Arsenal factory, Kiev, Ukraine, then Soviet Union, without its light meter and with a wooden grip replacing the original plastic one.

This is admitted by the Ihagee people themselves, see the Comments section of the Kickstarter project:

So, yes: the design is based on the Kiev 19M but you are getting a brand new camera with a guarantee.

Mistral75

The Ihagee brand belongs today to the net SE group, the same group that resurrected (via various crowdfunding projects) forgotten brands such as Meyer-Optik Görlitz (several lenses), Oprema Jena (two Biotar lenses), Emil Busch A.-G. Rathenau (Glaukar Anastigmat lens) and C. P. Goerz (Citograph 35, a 35mm f/8 fixed-focal lens) .

net SE AG or their subsidiary SEMI Verwaltung GmbH own the corresponding trademarks: C.P. Goerz, Emil Busch A.-G. Rathenau, Ihagee, Meyer Optik, Anastigmat, Biotar, Glaukar, Lydith, Makroplasmat, Nocturnus, Oreston, Primagon, Telemegor and probably more.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
(...) Not only are the 'Ihagee' and 'Elbaflex' logos obviously photoshopped...

...but they forgot to photoshop the '19M' (from Kiev 19M) out of the reflection!!!

ha, thanks Mistral

that's too funny :ROTFL:

but at least the Lunar grip doesn't look photoshopped, it looks quite genuine :lecture: