The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Catching that passing moment, relaxed style

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Two bodies, three lenses and a Rolleiflex. It makes me almost embarrassed hanging out on a forum were we mostly discuss equipment. I love this guy's totally relaxed style and the way his imperfect images capture the moments in such a perfect way. The video about how he works is a great lesson in portrait photography and how to interact with subjects. Entertaining too.

https://canlasphotography.blogspot.com/

https://vimeo.com/157043118

I have to ask him where he gets the 220 rolls.

jdphoto

I love his work and more importantly his dedication to family, friends and film! I was even more proud when I found out he's a member of my church! He's a great mentor to many and a good example to me.
I couldn't get the Vimeo to load though. Do you know what film cameras he uses?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

jd, give the vimeo link another try, it works fine here where I am loading it

looks like he is using
two Pentax 67
plus a Rolleiflex especially for low angle shots, taking advantage of the waist-level finder

(thank you, Jorgen, for all your good video findings, nice stuff :thumbup:)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I love his work and more importantly his dedication to family, friends and film! I was even more proud when I found out he's a member of my church! He's a great mentor to many and a good example to me.
I couldn't get the Vimeo to load though. Do you know what film cameras he uses?
If you can't get the Vimeo link to work, you might want to try via his website. He will ask for your email address though. As Steen already said, he uses two Pentax 67 and a Rolleiflex, the latter for b&w and low angle photos. He also uses a relatively small number of film rolls and normally just an hour for each shoot.

One thing I particularly like is that instead of going for perfection, he catches real moments. That gives his photos a spontaneous, "real" look. This approach is very closely related to his use of film rather than digital. The limitation of using film becomes one of his strengths.

jdphoto

Jonathan Canlas emailed me and said his client work is with the Pentax 67, Pentax 645N and a Rolleiflex 2.8. His personal work is with the Contax g2 and a Rollei 6001. HE's also done a few lens mods at the Bokeh Factory.