The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Polaroid transfers scans

jdphoto

I'm curious about Polaroid transfers and how to scan them. A few artists have made transparencies from these polaroids, but are they using the positive print or the negative left on the transfer?

darr

I'm curious about Polaroid transfers and how to scan them. A few artists have made transparencies from these polaroids, but are they using the positive print or the negative left on the transfer?

Polaroid Daylab & 8x10" Polaroid Film Magazine and Processor

When I made Polaroid Transfers (PT):

1. I would place the slide the photo was on that I wanted to make a PT from into the Polaroid Daylab
  2. Place 8x10" Polaroid film in film holder
  3. Slide film holder in the bottom of Daylab
  4. Expose film
  5. Remove film and place in 8x10" Polaroid Film Back
  6. Remove Polaroid Photo Paper and REPLACE with Watercolor Paper
  7. Process Polaroid Film with Watercolor Paper through Polaroid 8x10" Processor

If I was making copies of my one shot PTs, I would be scanning or photographing the original PT as their is only one. From my experience, there was no negative. It was not Polaroid 55 P/N we used, it was Polaroid 809 film. Hope that sheds some light on it for you.

Kind regards,
Darr

jdphoto

Darr,
Thank you for the info. I'm able to locate a Daylab Jr., but need to get a few digital photos to 35mm slides. I think with the proper medium I can print and mount my own slides. Here's one using the positive print. I'll try another when the negative dries.