The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

test

D&A

I cannot believe I inadvertently started a "Please Ignore" thread like this way back in 2013. Steen, thanks for the reminder...LOL!

Why is it I can delete a posting in the other forums but not this one?

Anyhow as Shashin pointed out at hat time..."Eleven, Eleven, Eleven" (as I look into the bucket). :)

Dave (D&A)

drofnad

I cannot believe I inadvertently started a "Please Ignore" thread like this way back in 2013. Steen, thanks for the reminder...LOL!
And it's now again not ignored.

Wow, I can imagine a lot of artsy folks who'd luv those wooden items, Steen!

'cause, here, ignorance is bliss!

Which makes it a good place to remark that I found that the cowboy version of this site isn't available : nope, no GitDPI.

:eek:

V

Vivek

Dave (D&A)
Yes, you could have. There are time limits for that.

-> go to edit, “advanced” and on top you would see a box for delete. Click on that and then confirm.

D&A

Yes, you could have. There are time limits for that.

-> go to edit, “advanced” and on top you would see a box for delete. Click on that and then confirm.
Vivek,

In other forums like the Fun with Medium format, that's exactly what I do to delete a post (exactly as you described)...but in the Sunset bar, right after posting yesterday, I could not find the box to delete after clicking on edit and then advanced. I attempted this 3x! Same thing happened in 2013 and that's why that posting wasn't deleted. Again I have only encountered this in the Sunset bar, not other forums.

To throw a monkey wrench into all this, I just went to see if I could delete this posting and I could! The "delete" option was there. Tell me I am not going crazy and seeing things. :banghead:
Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Dave, As I said, there are limits.

There is a time limit and within that duration the delete box is visible. After that you are not allowed to delete but can request the Admin or a moderator to delete it for you (PM and not just post in that thread).

You are OK but the forum limits aren't probably not clear. :)

D&A

I appreciate your reply Vivek. I am aware of the time limits to delete or edit a posting but in both my instances, I tried deleting my post within 3 minutes of initially posting. Therefore it wasn't because I was out of time. Therefore we go back to the theory that I am either seeing things or simply gone crazy....maybe both! :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Free Advice

Might be OT to the discussion however who knew that there are left-handed cameras available.
:lecture: just use your right hand ring finger to trip the shutter :thumbup:

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/80 sec. at f/4 ISO 3200 • Capture NX-D • [b872_30C_6658]

V

Vivek

Might be OT to the discussion however who knew that there are left-handed cameras available.
Based on all the relentless selfies the Leica nuts used to post, i thought those were all made for left handed users! :ROTFL: