The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yosemite Closure April 8th

bab

Wow cant believe the weather is so cold in Yosemite Valley right now. they are still forecasting snow into next week with temps in the 20's. Last year on May 1st Dogwoods were in bloom and the park was flooded best pictures with reflections. Its my guess that this year it could be about three weeks late for the Dogwoods but does anyone who has been there recently have a better guess on the prime time this year?
I missed a few image that I wanted to grab last year due to road closures and one spot along the merced in particular where squatters were camped out with tripods from morning till dusk. They best light was late afternoon just before sunset but three days in a row most areas were fully let out with photographers, the funny thing was they were not in my spot but they were blocking my shot!