The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question to all members?

N

nei1

If it says analogue I read every word,any mention of digital and its folded up ,put in my time machine and sent fifty years into the future:D:eek::cool::thumbup:

Well, I visit it daily (more often when participating or following some particular discussion), and it has become the forum I post most often to.

My choice of sub-forums has changed somewhat because of recent changes in my arsenal: I´ve stopped using Nikon, and stopped reading that forum. Now. it´s mainly the 4/3rds one (I have a G1), but also the Small Sensor one. Other ones are visited whenever the "Last Post" whets my appetite (that´s why I´m here, now; also, the Rolleiflex thread in "Other Cameras" raised my nostalgia..).

I know of no other forum that manages to have so much interesting info, and so many good images (without the nonsense in a certain other forum for a German camera brand, where images are more or less banished from the technical sub-fora...), and so little flaming and trolling. I do hope it stays that way, and I´m happy and grateful at the skill and dedication of the moderators.

As an aside: living in the center of the world (Sweden) :rolleyes:, I´m aware that a majority of the regulars live in more remote parts (the US) ;), and that many of them know each one personally (from the workshops, I presume). In spite of this, let me say that at no time have I felt like an outsider here; that is a remarkable feat of openness and an attitude of welcoming that I really appreciate! :clap:

LJL

Hitting this forum is a daily thing....sometimes several times a day if watching threads develop. There is so much useful, fun, insightful, practical and interesting information scattered throughout the various sections, that it is worth some late night reading just to scan things. There are several sections that I do engage and follow more, either because I am more involved in some of it myself, or more interested in learning from others as I get more involved. It really is a much more pleasant and useful photography forum than many others. The breath and depth of information, and how it is shared without pretense makes it a great place to read and contribute. Although some of the threads can go very deep and technical at times, and most welcome, there is always enough camaraderie to lighten things up.

This place is also a great place to learn about other things too. Thanks to Jack and others, I now have a new love for Hendricks gin in a wonderfully dry martini served with a cucumber slice. Excellent!!

Thanks to all the participants for helping make this forum so enjoyable, and thanks to the mods and others that help keep things lively, but civil and useful. Makes all the difference.

LJ

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I try to check at least once a week... This also is the only forum I frequent regularly. If I'm involved in some discussion I try to check more often, mainly so I don't just disappear from the discussion. But for the same reason I also try to avoid getting into discussions, because I know I have too much else going on.

W

wbrandsma

For me it is the most frequently visited forum. Great discussions and a lot of good photographs. I personally really love the small sensor camera forum and the Leica M, but I find the analogue section a great feature too.

Keep up the good work.

Amin

I usually scan the "New Posts" for threads that might interest me. The "Fun with _____" threads are my favorite, irrespective of forum or type of gear.

MisiekBunnik

I visit daily and favourite sections are; small sensor and analogue mainly... I really like the gentle atmosphere, the discussions are about the outcome and photographs instead on gear only (and people are not defending ' their' brand, which I really admire here!)

I did not find the new posts yet, something i will do from now on, since want to learn form al sections.

Thread with many pictures adding to the discussions are my favourites, it's pictures that count in the end!?

Question to the administrators: is it possible to add rss feeds to the different sections? Or to the new posts only? This will make it somewhat easier to keep track?

Thanks for this lovely community!

Clawery

I usually go to New Posts first and see what is happening all across Get DPI. Then I go to the MF section to see what is going on and if I can or any of our team can help contribute.

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I visit daily and favourite sections are; small sensor and analogue mainly... I really like the gentle atmosphere, the discussions are about the outcome and photographs instead on gear only (and people are not defending ' their' brand, which I really admire here!)

I did not find the new posts yet, something i will do from now on, since want to learn form al sections.

Thread with many pictures adding to the discussions are my favourites, it's pictures that count in the end!?

Question to the administrators: is it possible to add rss feeds to the different sections? Or to the new posts only? This will make it somewhat easier to keep track?

Thanks for this lovely community!

Let us look into that. checking now

Guy Mancuso

RRS feeds have been turned on. How it actually works I sure as heck don't know. Andy or Jack will post something I hope. LOL

Guy Mancuso

HMMM went in my Apple mail and added a RRS feed to the main forum index. Looks like you can also add the sections as well. Pretty slick

sinwen

I first clic on "new posts" and scroll titles . I open all the ones which seems to be interesting.
Then I have a peep at the gallery.
It is the best way I found for not spending three or four hours on here :)

ecliffordsmith

Hi Guy,

Sorry for the late post to this question.

Personally, when time permits I try to follow and contribute to the Leica M threadsand the small sensor threads. I will then periodically take a look/post in most of the other sections (something you cannot do very easily elsewhere). I find that when I have time I get more involved and then when I am very busy on a work project end up not being to stay in touch with the site for upto a few weeks.

Great site here though, really.