The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Not now!

rayyan

I have been in Indonesia for the past 4 days.
Surrounded by superb scenic valleys, mountains and volcanoes.

And the lovely people in villages.

And what do I photograph?

Nothing. Not one photograph!
I have not even taken the camera outside my hotel room.

I have the photographer’s block.
Just don’t want to remove the camera from the bag.

PeterA

Sorry to read this Rayyan - sometime a rest is also a great reinvigoration - when I go flat , I find that looking at photography books and other photographers work is sometimes helpful.

atb
Pete

pegelli

As long as you enjoyed the scenery, mountains and people and had a good time it's not a real problem, I think that's more important than taking back the pictures of it.

The block will go away in due course, happens to many of us. Peter's recommended cure sometimes works for me as well, and my other method after a photographic dry spell is to walk into my own garden with a camera and macro lens and just get going again.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Yet you still post here amongst friends.

So there is hope that this is but a temporary thing.

Enjoy the views and the rest.

Regards,

Bob

V

Vivek

Well said! :clap:

As long as you enjoyed the scenery, mountains and people and had a good time it's not a real problem, I think that's more important than taking back the pictures of it.

Godfrey

If you don't feel like making photographs, just enjoy yourself amongst all the fine scenic views and the lovely people. Don't worry about the camera ... It'll be there when next the Muse wants your attention.

Unless you're being paid to make photographs, AND are on an assignment, there's absolutely nothing compelling you to want to do this other than yourself. Let yourself have a break.

G

rayyan

Guys, thank you so much for your comments. My apologies for the very late response.

Arrived 2 days back.

To be honest, I did not enjoy this trip. Just my state of mind. For once, I felt I needed Ayesha to have been with me.

The people and the country were unbelievably hospitable, generous and friendly. However, language was a very big issue. Unlike Bali, English is not that much spoken in the Java Province.

I just did not feel like photographing. But I did test out the Fuji XH-1 and XP2 in the rain; and with the lenses that had not had a field test.

Just a half-hearted exercise, on my part. I am posting some images..mostly from around my small one room chalet.

Happy, prosperous and peaceful new year to all of you and your loved ones, family and friends.

Godfrey

I know the feeling.

Similarly: I was on a six week trip from the last week in August until the beginning of October ... I made a couple thousand exposures. I was all over the place and had a wonderful time. There are a tonne of interesting exposures in the pile to work with.

I processed about two dozen while I was on the trip. Since ... none. Just haven't been motivated to yet.

I don't worry about it. It will happen when it happens. :D

G