The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My Mood Is Changing ... Again

Godfrey

By mood I mean my desires in photographic endeavor.

• I pulled out the WATE (Tri-Elmar-M 16-18-21mm) and fitted it to the M-D along with the Universal Wide Angle Finder this past week for the first time in a while. I spent two days carrying it and trying to see: Nothing much happened.
  • I fitted the Hektor 135mm f/4.5 to the CL for the first time in an age and walked with it for a day. I saw a dozen photos within a half hour.
  • I loaded my original Polaroid SX-70 with a pack of B&W film. Two of the exposures I made appealed to me.
  • I loaded my MiNT SLR670a version of the SX-70 with a pack of 600 Color film. So far, six of eight exposures are all singing to me.

Time to push further in the indicated directions—more reach and selectivity, more color—and see where it draws me. The Muse needs to be addressed... :D

What are your current moments in thinking about your photography?

Happy New Year!

G

bensonga

Happy New Year to you also Godfrey!

For many years my photo muse has really been a printing muse and that is where most of my energy and excitement flows now. Of course, I need images to print, so while I haven't been taking very many new good images, I've been looking back over the past 30-40 years of photos and printing many of those for the first time. I'm also doing a lot of printing for friends.

Most importantly, I've been working hard to become a better printer, experimenting with different papers and taking more care to make a print that I feel is truly the best I can do.

Best wishes in 2019 to all my friends here at GetDPI.

Gary

Tim

A change is as good as a holiday.

Maybe I should get out my Fuji W3 3D camera.
It makes you look for a certain image to make 3D pop.

I hope to have as much good fortune as last year. My knee is less painful and I can follow my usual muse a couple of miles into the woods again, carrying gfx and tiny 40mm Canon pancake lens.

Wishing you good fortune too!

Kirk

Last edited:

Godfrey

It's nice to hear about other folks' ideas going forward. There's a limit to how much equipment talk makes sense unless I feel some purpose in shooting. :)

Too early to talk about it much, but in a bit of a flash this morning the idea for a photo project zapped into my brain. I wrote it down. I've been thinking about it all day, and it's intriguing me more and more. Lets see how the thought develops.

onwards, always onwards!
G