Site Sponsors

Thread: PHOTOS in the NY Times today

Post Thanks / Like

PHOTOS in the NY Times today

I have 3 shots in the escape section of the times today on a story about biking in portland. David
    here is the link
    http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/04/03...tland.html?hpw
    Last edited by dseelig; 3rd April 2009 at 06:38.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PHOTOS in the NY Times today

Dave

I just finished reading the article over at Starbucks. Last summer I spent two days on the Brooklyn Bridge trying to get similar shoots ..so I looked at the pictures and know what it takes to get them. I enjoyed the one with the tanks in the background as it provides the most "context" to the location.

Can I ask "how did you get the assignment" ..getting anything into the New York Times is a dream. I read the NYT ever day and try to get a feel for why the picture editor used each image. Best original photography I have found.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, David!

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, great work!
    -Amin Sabet

Post Thanks / Like

How I got the assignment was easy after most of life in NY I moved to Idaho 10 years ago. I had some freelance photos in the times in the past, but never an assignment, a writer I know was doing the article and found out I was going to portland he suggested me to the editor and they looked at website and I got the job. They tried to give me a day rate of 200 bucks I held out and got double, newspapers are no way to big moeny these days. Thanks for the nice words. David
    Last edited by dseelig; 3rd April 2009 at 09:07. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dseelig View Post
    How I got the assignment was easy after most of life in NY I moved to Idaho 10 years ago. I had some freelance photos in the times in the past, but never an assignment, a writer I know was doing the article and found out I was going to portland he suggested me to the editor and they looked at website and I got the job. They tried to give me a day rate of 200 bucks I held out and got double, newspapers are no way to big moeny these days. Thanks for the nice words. David
    Dave

Thanks for the insight......money aside it must be rewarding to see you stuff in the NYT. Nice work.

Roger