The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"Ansel Adams: America" Premieres

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
"Ansel Adams: America," a piece for symphony orchestra written by 88-year-old jazz pianist Dave Brubeck and orchestrated by his son Chris Brubek, received its world premiere last night in Stockton, California, played by the Stockton Symphony conducted by Peter Jaffe. The piece took the Brubecks more than a year to write and was originally conceived by Northern California arts patron Susan Carson to be played as Adams images were projected in the concert hall..."

Full story here....

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
John I think we should give you a "in the news" feature page on GetDPI. LOL

You find some great stuff my friend. Thanks

Diane B

I heard this on NPR yesterday afternoon. I'm a longtime fan of Dave Brubek so would have loved to hear this--music and visual are often in my head.

Diane

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
It maybe preformed in Abilene, Texas just 95 miles away. I will be there for it.

Famous equally as performers and composers and for their ability to cross over between the jazz and classical worlds, father and son Dave and Chris Brubeck teamed up to pay tribute to legendary photographer Ansel Adams. This spectacular combination of symphonic music with projected images was commissioned by a consortium of seven orchestras—the Stockton Symphony, Sacramento Philharmonic, Fresno Philharmonic, Monterey Symphony, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Temple University Symphony Orchestra, and Abilene Philharmonic—supported by Meet the Composer and the James Irvine Foundation.

Last edited: