The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

If you ride your bike in bike lanes... this will kill you

Casey has outdone himself with this video. Be prepared to grab your sides:Casey Neistat: How to be Heard - YouTube.

There is some valuable insight here. Watch the entire video as there is much to learn from someone who begins a project not knowing where he's going, trusting his instincts and not getting bogged down with self defeating reasons why it might not work. Primitive technology works, so it's not about the quality of one's equipment. It's about the vision and the burning desire to pursue one's goal to the end.

Last edited:
I think that anyone who is interested in video, and especially on how content relates to the current marketing trends, can learn from Casey. I watched a few of his videos years ago and liked a few of them, but wondered why he had such a cult following?
The guy has made tens of millions of dollars selling his videos (25 million alone to CNN) so there's a lot to investigate below the surface.
In some of his videos he discusses the 4k capabilities of cell phones and focuses on how it's the camera operator and not the camera that makes for a good video.
In following a number of camera forums since 2007 I've seen a prevalent inertia, embraced by some, to have the latest, most high tech incarnation of whatever format they use. Casey brings the issue back down to earth by using something simple and allowing the idea behind the production to be the driver.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I think that anyone who is interested in video, and especially on how content relates to the current marketing trends, can learn from Casey. I watched a few of his videos years ago and liked a few of them, but wondered why he had such a cult following?
The guy has made tens of millions of dollars selling his videos (25 million alone to CNN) so there's a lot to investigate below the surface.
In some of his videos he discusses the 4k capabilities of cell phones and focuses on how it's the camera operator and not the camera that makes for a good video.
In following a number of camera forums since 2007 I've seen a prevalent inertia, embraced by some, to have the latest, most high tech incarnation of whatever format they use. Casey brings the issue back down to earth by using something simple and allowing the idea behind the production to be the driver.
Content, content and content, but as he points out towards the end: there's a place for all varieties and levels of technology.

Tim

I watch that Neistat bloke as much as I watch the Northrops (ie: not at all)