The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EXIF Data

JoelM

One thing that the Fred Miranda board does really well is let you post exif data. There is a box to check when you upload your pic and it will add your exif. I am wondering if that is possible here and maybe I am missing something. Otherwise, is the only way to do this by remembering it and just jotting it in the text block? I don't think that I can even "control+c" it in my raw editor.

TIA

Joel

pegelli

Which browser are you using?

I use Mozilla Firefox and I installed the wxIF EXIF reader from this website: https://github.com/gcp/wxif

I can right click on any image, select wxIF from the drop down and if the EXIF is included in the jpg file it will show a pop-up box with all the data.

I don't know if similar add-ons exist for other browsers.

Godfrey

Personally, I see no point to posting EXIF data. I usually strip it. For photo forums, I post the camera, lens, and exposure settings as an added "tech info" statement, but I wonder as to its usefulness to anyone.

I'd really much rather have the IPTC data posted because that is meaningful. Title, caption, location, and year ... maybe the keywords I used, and the copyright plus rights usage info. That's the important stuff.

G

Elliot

Which browser are you using?

I use Mozilla Firefox and I installed the wxIF EXIF reader from this website: https://github.com/gcp/wxif

I can right click on any image, select wxIF from the drop down and if the EXIF is included in the jpg file it will show a pop-up box with all the data.

I don't know if similar add-ons exist for other browsers.
I use the same reader in Firefox.

Does anyone have a similar EXIF reader for Safari?