The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Never say never

Godfrey

The last time I sold out all my Leica gear was to acquire a Hasselblad 903SWC. When I bought back into Leica again, now almost a decade ago, I felt it would be the last time and I'd die using this equipment for the remainder of Time left to me...

Hasselblad's new announcement of the updated CFV50C II and 907, and the XCD 21mm lens, has me contemplating once again selling off all my Leica gear other than the CL and a few lenses to acquire it.

It's likely just a fantasy. But I guess the only real truth is that the only camera equipment I sell Leica gear for is Hasselblad gear. Who'da thunk that? :)

G

Tim

The last time I sold out all my Leica gear was to acquire a Hasselblad 903SWC. When I bought back into Leica again, now almost a decade ago, I felt it would be the last time and I'd die using this equipment for the remainder of Time left to me...

Hasselblad's new announcement of the updated CFV50C II and 907, and the XCD 21mm lens, has me contemplating once again selling off all my Leica gear other than the CL and a few lenses to acquire it.

It's likely just a fantasy. But I guess the only real truth is that the only camera equipment I sell Leica gear for is Hasselblad gear. Who'da thunk that? :)

G
Less is sometimes more. Consolidating the lower value equipment into something hopefully better is often a path in my thinking.
Having less, and less complicated gear options can mean you concentrate on extrapolating the most from what you do have.

I also have looked to this combo as I am like some, looking for a digital one shot panoramic solution that has an affordable answer.
The Fuji 50R likely will be a closer fit for me.

PeterA

Life isn't a dress rehearsal so if your shooting benefits from a change - go for it I say. I am.