The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone else banned from the Leica Forum

ndwgolf

Long story but after starting a thread comparing a Leica Q2 to a Huawei P30 Pro on the Leica Forum :) :) :) the moderators all got pissed off and I ended up getting banned after being there for 10 plus years and tens of thousands of posts..............to be honest its a breath of fresh air not having to deal with the pompous, self righteous uneducated BS that all comes as being part of their family.

Looking at this place it seems that you cater for all walks of life and don't care what camera was used to take a picture whether it be a iPhone, Sony Hasselblad or a Phase One.

I think I am going to like it here

Neil

rayyan

Neil, welcomes to sanity.
I enjoyed your photo galleries and your blog.

Please post images, as I am a visual learner.

Once again, a warm welcome.

pegelli

I'm a lurker of their extensive equipment database, but even though I have a M2 and some lenses (still in use) I never posted/contributed on the forum.

Welcome, it's mainly equipment agnostic here, even though equipment of all brands is discussed, incl. perceived pro's/con's and we don't always agree on what these are. But it usually remains polite and factual.

PeterA

Long story but after starting a thread comparing a Leica Q2 to a Huawei P30 Pro on the Leica Forum :) :) :) the moderators all got pissed off and I ended up getting banned after being there for 10 plus years and tens of thousands of posts..............to be honest its a breath of fresh air not having to deal with the pompous, self righteous uneducated BS that all comes as being part of their family.

Looking at this place it seems that you cater for all walks of life and don't care what camera was used to take a picture whether it be a iPhone, Sony Hasselblad or a Phase One.

Neil
Welcome to GETDPI - post photos !
Pete

f8orbust

GetDPI's a good choice - lots of nice, knowledgeable folks here. There's always the venerable LuLa as well, but given the lack of advertisers on there anymore (just one), I wonder how much longer it can remain financially viable. Not sure the new owner understands the importance of 'gear talk' if you want to draw the punters and advertisers in. Someone who does get it is Kevin Raber, and his new venture - PhotoPXL - is worth a second look.

JGI

Neil

Hey Neil!
I found this forum by googling "Leica forum banned" :D:D
I just got my Leica Q a week ago.. literally a week ago! I was so excited that I registered at LUF to learn more about my camera. Then last night I replied to someone who was asking a simple question about whirring in their Q. I replied with "OIS", which it is. Then this morning it says I'm "Banned". LMAO. :loco: What in the world is wrong with those people?? Isn't forums for contributing information? They should rename it to N.KoreaForum or something haha. I've been a member of FM and NikonCafe for 10+ years and I have never seen ANY forum as sensitive as that one. Oh well, their loss. I think I'm gonna love it here at GetDPI!