The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hudson River Airliner Salvage

Lisa

Wow. Impressive that someone was able to get so many interesting shots. Thanks for the link.

Lisa

fotografz

What is also interesting is his "Statement" ... all the stuff that is being recycled. Love the bit where steel salvaged from the World Trade Center was used to make the U.S.S. New York.

I love beautiful work that is born of purpose.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea they actually used quite a bit of the steel to build that ship. Nice tribute to our fallen citizens.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Be nice if they made 155 symbols of life in some form out of that plane and give it to each passenger from that flight. No birds please

O

Oxide Blu

Apparently US Airways and our favorite insurer AIG initially prevented use of these images ...

AIG is the largest purchaser of commercial aircraft in the world. I think they buy upwards of a couple hundred commercial jumbo jets every year. AIG owns the leasing company that buys the planes and leases them to the commercial airlines. I forget the name of the leasing company but AIG threw $-billions at it from the fed bailout money it received as a way to use fed tax dollars to keep Airbus and Boeing going without a direct bailout. And Airbus isn't even an American company -- it's Euro!!! :rolleyes:

That specific plane was not owned by AIG, it was owned by Wells Fargo Bank, and leased to US Airways, but the lease was insured by AIG.

Ben Rubinstein

He's a good photographer!

I love the image shot over the wing towards the shore, a parody of the images shot through the window mid flight that we are so used to.

Vision, it's all vision.

Last edited: