Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are you happy with your current system.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Are you happy with your current system.

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    one curious thing about the sony/zeiss 16-35, 24-70 and 135/1.8 is that they are nearly exactly the same physical size and very similar looking (except for the missing zoom ring).
    Can't tell you how many times I've grabbed the wrong lens when swapping them at a wedding ... especially easy between the 16-35 and 24-70. Gotta get some colored sticky dots for the end caps.

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, I had some olympus gear, E1, E3 and some lenses, I felt the E3 did not continue what the E1 delivered in terms of colors, personal taste I suppose.

I pondered hard as to wether I keep it or get rid of it, as it was such a nice system, with all it's flaws. But I can not see msyelf shooting with it anymore after I got the alpha9, and no I do not regret that I sold it, I do not collect cameras.

Very happy with my choice so far, growing slowly into the new system, I know it will serve me for some time to come. I had a hard time to decide between canon and sony, at the end it was the Zeiss factor that made up my mind. Over time I want to buy all Zeiss Glas, except may be the 1.4 portrait lense, having said that, it might be useful for other applications as well.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Happy is a relative term. "Wants and Gimmes" are always hovering in the background

I'm happy with the lenses for the M8, but I am waiting for a camera that is the equal to the lenses. In the meantime the M8 does just fine. Wish they would make a smaller version of the new flash so I could bounce a few shots in lower light.

Very happy with the workhorse Nikon system now that I've added the D3X to the D3. I use mostly zooms for that work and the 14-24 & 24-70 do just fine. The beastly 200/2 VR is also pretty satisfying.

I'm relatively happy with my "passion system" the Sony A900 with it's Zeiss lenses. In the right conditions it's hard to beat. Would like a Zeiss 35/1.4 ASPH for this system.

My other passion system is the Hasselblad 203FE which I have always loved for film work using an Imacon 949 to scan with. A larger sensor CFV would be nice however.

My MFD workhorse H system just keeps delivering what I ask of it, and using the Zeiss lenses like the 40IF and 180/4 makes even more versatile and satisfying.

Pretty happy where I am now based on real-world needs. There is always something better or newer to lust after, but right now, I don't need it.

Post Thanks / Like

Marc

I don't see your F6 or M film mentioned. Have they moved on?

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LOL, I would get confused by switching from one to the next Marc.

You have a nice camera park there in deed! If I could afford it, I think the D3x would be nice to hang on my left shoulder balancing the alpha on the right.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by seablister View Post
    Marc

I don't see your F6 or M film mentioned. Have they moved on?
    F6 is still there, forgot to mention it. No M film cameras since I went for the M8.