Site Sponsors

Thread: For those in California... 80 percent of State Parks will be closing

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For those in California... 80 percent of State Parks will be closing

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: For those in California... 80 percent of State Parks will be closing

I saw that story this morning in the LA Times. (I guess as long as all the prisons are fully funded we're good.) One of the parks is my local favorite, the Will Rogers State Historic Park above Sunset Boulevard not far from one of Arnold's mansions.

The upside is that this may be just another scare tactic to bring pressure to bear on the Republicans in the Legislature. I've come to suspect that not everything announced by our government(s) is necessarily completely true.

Oxide Blu

The solution is simple -- starve out the illegal criminal aliens. The cost of those that crept over the southern border under the cover of darkness is simple overwhelming.

Stephen, you are in So Cal -- what the illegal criminal alien numbers for incarcerated prisoners? -- something like 50% for the Cal State system, 60%+ for L.A. Co jail, 1/3 for the federal prison system.

Any chatter about budget issues, including st park closures, is meaningless unless it starts with a serious desire to secure the southern border.

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not outsource their incarceration to where it's cheaper, or pay their home countries to incarcerate them for us. I'm sure it's an order of magnitude less costly to lock someone up home in El Salvador or Guatemala than in California.