The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PORTRAITS / SELF PORTRAITS....Digital or Film

A couple of oldies, with my Canon G3. The swiveling screen was great for self portraits; don´t know why I don´t do it with my new G1...

N

nei1

helen,is this past,present and future?if it is the future looks good,nice work

kweide

Helen.... simply "oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".
Do you know, the first which came up into my mind seeing the first one ??
Dont laugh: Pippi Longstocking from Astrid Lindgren.
You did a masterpiece.
I take my hat off... ( btw: i dont even own one :) )

helenhill

helen,is this past,present and future?if it is the future looks good,nice work
Actually those Three came from the same Roll

but I Dig Your Concept....Thank You Cool

Helen.... simply "oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".
Do you know, the first which came up into my mind seeing the first one ??
Dont laugh: Pippi Longstocking from Astrid Lindgren.
You did a masterpiece.
I take my hat off... ( btw: i dont even own one :) )
I loved Pippi Longstocking...Now if I can only change Careers as a Young Adult writer and have that Success ...wooohooo...Thank You

Per Ofverbeck: Great Shots ...that warm Orange Glow behind You coupled with the Rim of Your Glasses seems Inviting
How Wonderful it is to Meet You...LOVLEY

I loved Pippi Longstocking...Now if I can only change Careers as a Young Adult writer and have that Success ...wooohooo...Thank You

Per Ofverbeck: Great Shots ...that warm Orange Glow behind You coupled with the Rim of Your Glasses seems Inviting
How Wonderful it is to Meet You...LOVLEY
Same to you, Helen! Would have been nice to see you over that glass of Danish beer....

The orange one was shot at midnight in my garden, lit only from a window.

Pippi Långstrump (she´s Swedish, you know....) says hello, too. Don´t know if you really look like her, but there´s a resemblance with her author, Astrid Lindgren, in her younger years! Something to be proud of! :salute:

Y Sol

Hello everyone, here a self portrait, during I was flying over Korsika
in a helicopter. Greetings Ydo

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Helen, in that first shot you look like a bit of trouble, and in the third, like a bit of heaven. Nice!
:thumbs:

jonoslack

Helen, in that first shot you look like a bit of trouble, and in the third, like a bit of heaven. Nice!
:thumbs:
In the third she looks like Joni Mitchell, and if there was ever a bit of trouble . . . . :ROTFL:
I agree that they're nice shots though.:clap::clap:

helenhill

Welcome Ydo.....Tre Cool Shot w/your nikon
though I do love your recent B&W film posts

Thanks for the comments....Tim & Jono
but I do WISH People would post some PIXS of Temselves or Portraits of Someone.....Where is Jack & Guy ...off in MF Land...:eek:

Best to All- H

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I very rarely do portraits. Not because I don't like it, but I just don't spend enough time around people! I figure my avatar is plenty enough of me for people to have to put up with, so here's a portrait from over a year ago of my friend Jon.

LJL

While I do shoot portraits, I am very rarely on the side of the camera where I get into the picture. I feel I am doing folks a favor there :ROTFL:

But in the spirit of things, I dug out an old self-portrait done years ago when I first got a 1DsMkII and wanted to test it out. Not remotely close to what some others have posted, but this is what I got. Besides, this is the way most folks see me anyway.

LJ
View attachment 17497

iiiNelson

Posted these in the Small Sensor board a week or two ago but here goes again. All taken with a Leica D-Lux 4

Rick Waldroup

Well, Helen, you had me hooked from the very beginning with your first shot with a Contax G1.

This was shot with a Contax G1 with a 35mm lens. The film was TMax 3200, hence the pronounced grain. This was shot in a hotel room while on the road, after a long, long day of shooting. I know it is a mirror shot but I really hate having my picture made. :cool:

bensonga

Spring of 2003. Death Valley. Unbearable heat (it must have been at least 85 degrees). Only the Spam in my fanny pack kept me alive and here today to tell this tale.

Gary
Alaska

P.S. My thanks to Mister Whitekeys for the inspiration to take this photo.