The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PORTRAITS / SELF PORTRAITS....Digital or Film

Rick Waldroup

Another mirror shot from on the road. This time, the camera was a Bessa R2A rangefinder with a 35mm lens. Once again, the film was T-Max 3200.

Diane B

I rarely shoot people--but did try a quickie self of myself about a year ago with my G9. Might try some with the G1 one of these days--or actually get lights and the 5D out and do it right.

Diane

helenhill

Rick , You will appreciate another Contax shot ... Sizifo ,YOU look abit Dangerous

Y'all probably sick of me
but whats a Ham to do...:ROTFL:
Wish I could do like Cindy Sherman ....

Last edited:

Rick Waldroup

Helen, I simply love those last two shots. Superb.

And you look so stylish in that color shot, right down to the matching umbrella......:cool:

You really are a natural beauty, you know?

helenhill

How Sweeeet of YOU Rick...Cheers! Thanx!
I actually mostly Dress in Black /very NY wouldn't you say
but sometimes I do get Whacked w/color

Best to You- H

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Miriam (do head shots count as portraits?)

-bob

p.s.
There is a self portrait reflected in her pupils
I would say that one counts double!

PS: Was/is she really a green-eyed redhead, or did you help that out in post?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The avatar is me, obviously, but that was some six or seven years ago. Here's a more recent version, from two weeks ago. Old man checking out the merchandise :)

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/9.0

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, This is great!!!
Yes, I agree. It's a nice chair, but I didn't actually make it myself. The chair, that is.
As for the model, I think my mother made him. With some help from my father ;)

Ah, and Viablex, that last portrait of yours, the yellow one, is excellent :thumbup:

Last edited:
O

Oxide Blu

I really wanted to put up a self portrait of me but I wouldn't give myself permission to do so. Then I threatened to sue me if I did post a self portrait. :eek: The whole idea of me exploiting my likeness without compensating me, no modeling release ... where does it all end? :confused:

Has anyone seem a half-full bottle of scotch laying around? I know it's here somewhere.