The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The great GetDPI Northern Arizona Workshop

Terry

Today we got an early start at 4:25AM and just got back from dinner at 10:30. We spent some time trying to get out of the rain showers and chase the light.

I think everyone is off to bed. I will start with one from the G1 posted earlier on the 4/3 forum. Don't think I am going to get very much further today.

Last edited:

Diane B

Looking forward to more--terrific start. Guy, love the predawn shot. It also proves that youall were up and about LOL at that hour.

Diane

Last edited:

Lisa

Great photos! I especially like yours, Terry (sorry, Guy, yours are great too, just Terry's is the best of this set!) - the cliffs to the left really draw the viewer into the photo.

Lisa

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Today we got an early start at 4:25AM and just got back from dinner at 10:30. We spent some time trying to get out of the rain showers and chase the light.

I think everyone is off to bed. I will start with one from the G1 posted earlier on the 4/3 forum. Don't think I am going to get very much further today.

Go, Terry! I'm glad to see the G1 holding its own.:)

Diane B

Cindy, I agree, but I did comment on Terry's in the 4/3rds forum LOL. I really like the 7-14 on the G1 here. I've been trying to figure out where she was standing--great perspective.

Diane

Terry

Cindy, I agree, but I did comment on Terry's in the 4/3rds forum LOL. I really like the 7-14 on the G1 here. I've been trying to figure out where she was standing--great perspective.

Diane
Ahhhh, but that would be divulging a workshop secret !!!!!

LOL, we are on a bridge.

Terry

A few minutes of free time before evening shoot. Both from the Sony A900 and Sigma 12-24. Horseshoe bend first couple of shots were best as the sun was getting too high quickly. More later tonight my best Antelope Canyon shots are actually from the G1 but I haven't downloaded those yet. Antelope Canyon looks empty but :ROTFL: it was a bit of a nightmare.

Diane B

I think what I like best about your Horseshoe Bend are the reflections which you rarely notice in others--very nice. Antelope Canyon is nice too--lots of detail--and I bet it wasn't easy to get this shot (stepping on each other LOL).

Diane

Joan

WOW! Simply gorgeous shots Terry and Guy. Look forward ro seeing more.
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wonderful shots guys -- and Terry, that's an outstanding shot of Horseshoe Bend, LOVE the reflections! You nailed the WB in the slot too ;)

Dang I wish I was there too... :(

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks long day and just starting to look at mine. The slots where very tough to shoot, lot's of people. We are in Canyon de Chelley right now.

Terry

Wonderful shots guys -- and Terry, that's an outstanding shot of Horseshoe Bend, LOVE the reflections! You nailed the WB in the slot too ;)

Dang I wish I was there too... :(
Thanks Jack, Kudos on the white balance go to Don who has shot the slots before. He suggested shooting on cloudy WB (which I did). I didn't touch the WB in processing.