The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The great GetDPI Northern Arizona Workshop

ptomsu

Workshop Member
thank you very much!
the corners are never tack sharp. Question is how soft they are.
Do you remember the ammount of shift? And the aperture?
I'd assume focus was set to infinity, no?
Thanks again!
shift was 20 to the left
aperture was f11
hyperfocal distance

thomas

Yes it does
okay - thank you!
this is outside of the image circle of the 35XL regarding its specs. Somewhere more on the left of your crop it starts to become interessting.
Anyway - helpful for me to see it. So thanks a lot again.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
okay - thank you!
this is outside of the image circle of the 35XL regarding its specs. Somewhere more on the left of your crop it starts to become interessting.
Anyway - helpful for me to see it. So thanks a lot again.
Where would it be possible to shift maximum?

Terry

Peter,
Love the mustang shot. It was just so cool to me to see them running wild. Looking forward to seeing more from your adventures with the tech camera.

thomas

Where would it be possible to shift maximum?
in the first place with the Digitar 47XL.
Here are the image circles of the Digitars (source: http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/pdf/foto/digitare_d.pdf or English: http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/pdf/foto/digitare_e.pdf ) ... in addition a usefull outline of Capture Integration I modified a little bit...
In reality you can use the full range of +/-20mm and +15/-25mm of the WRS with the 47XL* if you can live with the sharpness fall off. The -25mm vertical is only possible when there is sky or something that does not require full sharpness in the respective area. Up to 17mm shift the 47XL is good (at f11 or f16), even 20mm is usable if you beat the file (depends on the subject of course).

* regarding the format of the P45/P25

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Another one from Antelope Canyon

P65 and 35mm

I am SO MUCH IMPRESSED by that back !!!

Last edited:

kuau

Workshop Member
Thomas looking at the chart your posted tell me if I understand this correct.
On a P25/45 back with a 24mm lens, basically you can't **** either vertical or horiz?
on a 35mm, you can **** a little and on the 47mm you can shift even more? Or am I reading this wrong?
Steven

kuau

Workshop Member
peter just curious can you post a 100% crop of a corner from your horseshoe bend image?
Thanks
Steven

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I almost went home with that lens. Nice landscape lens the 70-150mm. I often get stuck in between with my 80 and 150 and need something in the middle. Nice shot Peter. BTW i still have the P65+ sitting here. Wish i could just keep it. LOL

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Another one from P40 with 70-150 at 150 and f9.

Right Guy, I find this a very versatile and extremely good lens. The 150 is faster but weight is pretty identical to the zoom and for travel and landscape the zoom is the way to go.

Or better have both :D

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Tried a 250% sharpness falloff correction on the horseshoe bend left bottom corner one.

Is better now ....