The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The great GetDPI Northern Arizona Workshop

ptomsu

Workshop Member
At spider rock ....

P40+ with 75-150 at 115 f9

started to play around with saturation, curves, brightness etc .. get things glowing ;)

Terry

Peter Wow! I know you had to get that shot fast as the sun was really going down quickly. This is gorgeous.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Monument Valley. 150mm lens.
This is superb Guy - you nailed all 5:
1 Subject
2 Light
3 Design
4 Composition
5 Color or lack of to express it.

Subject nicely composed in the frame and the several layers from foreground to background are beautifully designed (wonderful pairs of threes and fours and more throughout). The waves of light and shadow really give this life. Splendid work :thumbs:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Another close up with P65+, 75-150 at 150 and f4.5

This back really rocks!

Have a nice time, will go and sleep now :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Great shot Guy!

It was really tough, because the sun was already going to disappear. But you nailed that quite at the right moment :thumbup:

thomas

Thomas looking at the chart your posted tell me if I understand this correct.
On a P25/45 back with a 24mm lens, basically you can't (shift) either vertical or horiz?
on a 35mm, you can (shift) a little and on the 47mm you can shift even more?
That's right. I assume it's not so little with the 35mm... 10mm lateral in landscape mode should be fine, probably more.

frontosa

Workshop Member
Thank you Guy and Doug for providing a fun and worthwhile workshop. My daughter and I had a blast. We dropped Peter at 2:15 in Vegas and drove home. The normal 4 hour drive turned out to be close to 7 hours, arrived home a little before 9:00 PM.

I will try to get some photos processed and post later today. I am a bit sore for all the driving on sunday plus all the hiking we did on saturday. Took Peter to Valley of the Gods, not as busy as MV. Only 10 cars when we were there. Then it was to Natural Bridges State Monument where we hiked down twice to view the Kachina and Owachomo Natural bridge and then a 3 mile roundtrip hike to an Anazazi ruin. As we drove towards Moab, we were pelted with heavy rain. The lightning show was fantastic but somewhat scary.

Some worthwhile moments on this workshop. Woody getting a speeding ticket doing 90 mph as he scrambles to catch up with the group as he had to get back to Yavapai Lodge to retrieve his jacket. Peter telling me and Marielle after the first full day of shooting: "I have a plan. I need to find homes for the unused Nikon lenses." Steve tells the group: "That's Facebook material, I am not feeling it."

It was indeed a pleasure to be around Terry, Steve, Don, Mike, Woody, Peter and of course Guy and Doug.

Gerry
"Unofficial beverage and snack manager"

kuau

Workshop Member
Gerry
You will see most of my images on my facebook page for sure :)
I for sure was not feeling it but had a great time with everyone.
Woody is my hero....

Steven

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Gerry glad to see you made it home safe and sound look forward to seeing your shots as well as your daughters.

woodyspedden

Just got home myself and all these are only partially processed. Thought I would get them posted so everyone can see the D3X and Zeiss ZF lenses in action.

Woody

kuau

Workshop Member
Woody you are my hero. Nice photos you posted.
Were any of them taken with the 18mm lens and what Fstop were you using?
I am trying to compare your 18mm /D3x to my A900 16-35mm
Steven

woodyspedden

Steve

I don't think any of these were taken with the 18 Zeiss ZF. However I do have some so I will send them to you after I have processed them

Good meeting you Buddy. Nice to hang out with great folks and everyone on this workshops qualify as great IMHO

Woody

Terry

Woody. These look great. Even the dust is in focus from the slot canyon. LOL.
Great to finally meet you in person!!!!!