The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Out-of-This-World Camera Bag

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
"Are you one of those photographers who keeps buying camera bags to excess, in a futile search for just the right one? I once knew a guy who had thirty camera bags—not because he collected them, just because he kept buying them hoping each time the new one would be better than all his others.

Well, there may not be any such thing as the perfect camera bag, but this has got to be a prime candidate for the coolest one. It goes on sale tomorrow at auction at Bonham's in New York City (Sale 17402, Lot 285), and it's expected to sell for forty to fifty thousand dollars.

And it's covered with dust. Not only that, but you want it to be..."

Full Story...

Don Libby

I second that motion!

An to think, folks were talking about the leather bag that came with a Cube. :ROTFL:

O

Oxide Blu

Just what I need -- dust in the camera bag since I went back to using a film SLR. :ROTFL:

Fwiw, my understanding is the Hasselblad cameras they used on the moon were left behind -- too much weight to bring back. At the time, they were specially made for NASA at a cost of $10k each, in 1969. Don't know how many of them there are siting there on the moon.

R

Ranger 9

Just what I need -- dust in the camera bag since I went back to using a film SLR. :ROTFL:

Fwiw, my understanding is the Hasselblad cameras they used on the moon were left behind -- too much weight to bring back. At the time, they were specially made for NASA at a cost of $10k each, in 1969. Don't know how many of them there are siting there on the moon.
When the Chinese launch their moon mission, maybe they'll collect them, bring them back, and sell them to the highest bidder, which probably would be some sheik from Dubai.

Kind of depressing to think what's happened in the past 40 years. Then the US was the leader in technology, exploration, and invention. Now we're only the leader in executive compensation and development of weird financial instruments.

O

Oxide Blu

When the Chinese launch their moon mission, maybe they'll collect them, bring them back, and sell them to the highest bidder, which probably would be some sheik from Dubai.

It would be funny if the Chinese bring them back and they all say Kodak 126 Instamatic on them. :D