The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase P65+ underwater?

kdphotography

Phase One always advertises that its MFDBs are tested tough in the field. So I decided to dunk my P65+ underwater to take a shot of these starfish...
For some reason I can't get my MFDB to turn on anymore.... (*just kidding* Doug!) ;)

Just got back from Olympic National Park on the coast side. Wet and drizzling. Quiet and beautiful there. Image is taken in a tidal pool during negative tide. It was so wet that the camera, back, and lens were wet and misted over. I kept shooting---and liked the hazy soft effect imparted on this image, almost as if I were underwater....

Phase 645AF, Phase P65+, Hartblei 45 t/s super rotator (yes---the Hartblei!) and the Cube!

Everything worked well. The Cube made leveling disgustingly fast and easy... :thumbup:

Last edited:
D

DougDolde

Amazing to think how much you spent to take that crappy shot.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I see all the ads concerning ruggedness, but I guess I am too chicken to try it.
-bob

eleanorbrown

Ken I had the same experience with my 45+ in Olympic National Park...rained the whole time and my H2 and 45+ remained wet and preformed flawlessly. looking forward to seeing some of your images from that trip!! please post.!! eleanor

Phase One always advertises that its MFDBs are tested tough in the field. So I decided to dunk my P65+ underwater to take a shot of these starfish...
For some reason I can't get my MFDB to turn on anymore.... (*just kidding* Doug!) ;)

Just got back from Olympic National Park on the coast side. Wet and drizzling. Quiet and beautiful there. Image is taken in a tidal pool during negative tide. It was so wet that the camera, back, and lens were wet and misted over. I kept shooting---and liked the hazy soft effect imparted on this image, almost as if I were underwater....

Phase 645AF, Phase P65+, Hartblei 45 t/s super rotator (yes---the Hartblei!) and the Cube!

Everything worked well. The Cube made leveling disgustingly fast and easy... :thumbup:

A

apneaimages

Phase one Underwater :) Lol i really have serious thinking one day to put a MF system underwater as i shoot a lot models underwater but the costs are way way to high and high isos still suck. 10000 Euros for just a underwater housing is madness.

Don Libby

If you hadn't told me about this images I would have sworn you lost your mind and went swimming with the gear!

Very interesting....

Don