Site Sponsors

Thread: Phase P65+ underwater?

Post Thanks / Like

Phase P65+ underwater?

Phase One always advertises that its MFDBs are tested tough in the field. So I decided to dunk my P65+ underwater to take a shot of these starfish...
    For some reason I can't get my MFDB to turn on anymore.... (*just kidding* Doug!)

Just got back from Olympic National Park on the coast side. Wet and drizzling. Quiet and beautiful there. Image is taken in a tidal pool during negative tide. It was so wet that the camera, back, and lens were wet and misted over. I kept shooting---and liked the hazy soft effect imparted on this image, almost as if I were underwater....

Phase 645AF, Phase P65+, Hartblei 45 t/s super rotator (yes---the Hartblei!) and the Cube!

Everything worked well. The Cube made leveling disgustingly fast and easy...
    Last edited by kdphotography; 26th February 2010 at 13:01.

DougDolde

Re: Phase P65+ underwater?

Amazing to think how much you spent to take that crappy shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    Amazing to think how much you spent to take that crappy shot.
    ...which is why it's not in the keeper pile, but in the "just-for-fun or blog pile."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey, I see all the ads concerning ruggedness, but I guess I am too chicken to try it.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ken I had the same experience with my 45+ in Olympic National Park...rained the whole time and my H2 and 45+ remained wet and preformed flawlessly. looking forward to seeing some of your images from that trip!! please post.!! eleanor

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    Phase One always advertises that its MFDBs are tested tough in the field. So I decided to dunk my P65+ underwater to take a shot of these starfish...
    For some reason I can't get my MFDB to turn on anymore.... (*just kidding* Doug!)

Just got back from Olympic National Park on the coast side. Wet and drizzling. Quiet and beautiful there. Image is taken in a tidal pool during negative tide. It was so wet that the camera, back, and lens were wet and misted over. I kept shooting---and liked the hazy soft effect imparted on this image, almost as if I were underwater....

Phase 645AF, Phase P65+, Hartblei 45 t/s super rotator (yes---the Hartblei!) and the Cube!

Everything worked well. The Cube made leveling disgustingly fast and easy...

apneaimages

Phase one Underwater :-) Lol i really have serious thinking one day to put a MF system underwater as i shoot a lot models underwater but the costs are way way to high and high isos still suck. 10000 Euros for just a underwater housing is madness.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

If you hadn't told me about this images I would have sworn you lost your mind and went swimming with the gear!

Very interesting....

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Creek View Post
    If you hadn't told me about this images I would have sworn you lost your mind and went swimming with the gear!
    if he hadn't told us it's underwater I would have sworn the look of the capture comes from the 45 Hartblei :-)