The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MIA

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Sorry folks I have been a little MIA the last 2 weeks. Just returned home from shooting in NY and putting another huge convention together but worst part I got really really sick and finally i am maybe about 50 percent back to normal. I won't go into details but stuff like swine flu, migraines, pneumonia and all kinds of fun names came out and bottom line was i could walk about 50 ft and HAD to sit down. Went through 3 bed sets a night from sweating fevers ands flu like symptoms and coughing and was just a freaking mess. Bad part was there were like 8 others on staff that had the same symptoms and such. I felt bad because maybe the first time in 2 years i actually did not go online to my own forum. You know i was sick if something can keep my big trap shut for that long. Anyway off for vacation in a few days but I am around just slowly getting back. Thanks to Jack and the mods. for handling things and thanks to all of you for being part of our family

cjlacz

Glad you are getting better. Hope you are pretty much back to normal before the vacation. Sounds like you could use the time off.

beamon

Glad that you are now on the mend, but there was never a proper diagnosis made, right?

Cripes, it's bad enough to be that sick and know what you have, but not to know is truly scary. Take care and, obviously, get all the rest you can.

Guy Mancuso

No idea what it is but I was seriously ready for a IV antibiotic fill up. Came real close to making that call.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Bummer Guy. Glad it's over for you. Sounds an awful lot like the Salmonella I picked up in Fiji. I recovered on the way home but went to the doc when I got back. Tests confirmed Salmonella. If you go that route (testing) and it does turn out to be S., get ready for a call from the CDC.

Enjoy your vacation!

Terry

Yikes,
I knew you were in NY and are pretty quiet during the show. I didn't realize it was that bad. Feel better. We've hit. Some ugly weather along with no Internet to post pictures. Using my iPhone sparingly as it gets a weeeeee bit expensive.

fotografz

My worst nightmare ... being on location and sick as a dog. How'd the job go? Sounds like you were out of commission. NIGHTMARE!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guy, glad to see tou stepping back from the brink.
Weekend before last I enjoyed four doses of IV Keflex for a leg infection I picked up after a fall. This being sick thing has absolutely nothing going for it.
-bob

O

Oxide Blu

Glad you're back at it. I guess, if you were lucky, you got the swine flu -- lucky because your body is now able to make the anti-bodies that may (or may not) protect you if that flu bug mutates into something more sinister and comes back around.

In any event, glad it wasn't any more worse for you than it was. :thumbup:

Diane B

Glad you're back, glad you're taking some time for vacation with family, glad it wasn't worse, though bad enough--and glad to see you back on the forum--even when I'm not as interested in the thread, I may read it if I see you posted just because I enjoy your posts *smile*.

Diane

Guy Mancuso

Well luckily I got all my shooting in except for shooting the swimwear competition. I just could not stand up and shoot that one. Now you know how really sick I was. Missing swimsuit is like missing your own funeral. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I will get to posting some images later actually have a shoot in town this morning BUT the P30+ at ISO 800 stuff is amazingly clean from the show so my effort to go from the P25+ to the P30+ for that extra stop of noise relieve was bottom line a brilliant move. Still have my eye on the P40+ but let's get the economy to pick up first , work is actually starting to come back. Hopefully others are starting to see this a little as well. Also I need to talk to Jack but got some great inside scoop on the Oregon Coast for a workshop plus I can get us all the models we need if we want to do some of that on location.

Don Libby

Very glad to hear you're getting better. There's nothing worse than being sick away from home - been there done that and it isn't fun.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Good to hear you are getting well again, Guy. Have a nice holiday :thumbup:
Here's a salad illustration to help regaining the appetite :)

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AI-S 2.8/28mm • 1/400 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 200

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It's 115 degrees F (or about 46 degrees C) in Phoenix right now, so I bet that salad looks pretty refreshing to Guy!