The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Prof. Harald Mante aka "Color Harry": THE PHOTOGRAPH

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Hey Jack,

Sometimes it happens that we coincidently run into some extraordinary people in our life, such happened to me when I made a contact to Prof. Mante and started to learn about his work.

He shared his expert knowledge in fine art and photodesign as a lecturer with countless students for many decades and continues to conduct courses at the European Art Academy and on other venues.

Born in Berlin in 1936, Harald Mante studied graphic design and painting at the Werkkunstschule in Wiesbaden. He taught Photographic Design at Dortmund Polytechnic and at the European Art Academy in Trier, as well as many seminars and workshops.

Professor Mante has authored numerous art books and textbooks. His photographic work has been exhibited in museums and private collections world-wide, and his books and calendars have become collector's items.

It is a great pleasure for me to let you know that his important work DAS FOTO, is published now in english under the same title THE PHOTOGRAPH and available at Rocky Nook.

Currently he is plastering walls and varnishing doors in their new studio/gallery with his partner, the Sculpturist and photodesigner Eva Witter. When I spoke with him today and asked him about the secret of his vitality he mentioned something about earl grey tea, but I am not sure whether I want to know this, as I am more inclined to the bordeaux version of long life elixir, a Grand Cru St. Emilion. ;)

Highly recommended:

http://www.rockynook.com/books/1-933952-26-1.html

Best wishes

Georg Baumann
Oceanviewstudio - Ireland

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Georg --- thanks for the tip!

(And I'll lean toward ANY Grand Cru, from ANY cave, from ANY year, at ANY time, over ANY other libation :D)