The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion

carstenw

An on-my-way-to-work shot. At the moment I often get out of the S-Bahn one stop early and walk the short stretch through Tiergarten to Bahnhof Zoo to get a couple of shots in :) Contax 80-200/4.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Robert, that is excellent -- Classic Planar/Xenar design Bokeh, got to love it!

A

akul

First post here.

Carsten - great shots with various lenses. 80-200 looks very impressive

monza - Lovely transition from focus to out of focus.

Nex 5 + ZF.2 35

carstenw

Here is a 50P (Planar) image from this morning. I am having trouble coping with the very high contrast at the moment, and could really use a D3x :) The heavy processing has taken its toll on sharpness, unfortunately.

carstenw

Here is a two-shot stitch from a couple of weeks back, when I got caught in the rain. This was the view from under my shelter-tree :) In a 100% crop, you can see how much it is raining but in the full shot, this is barely visible. ZF.2 50P:

carstenw

Another rain shot, 50P. I do love the special look you get in the rain. Has anyone had a Zeiss lens go bad in the rain?

carstenw

Here is another 50P shot, a bit older. I am experimenting with aspect ratio, as you can see... this is 1.77:1, like many movies. Comments welcome.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
An old, Norwegian warrior turned 89 the other day. Good excuse to take a photo :)
The Zeiss 50/1.4 is a great portrait lens on m4/3.

GH1 with Zeiss CY 50mm f/1.4

D

dcjs

Breaking the green only pattern. ;)

35-70/3.4 at 35mm, f/11 or f/16, S5 Pro, Hoya HD Polarizer, OOC JPG:

carstenw

Hehe, I guess this photo isn't current though. Mine are.

The Tiergarten season is coming to an end. Now there are people lying around on the grass all over the place, and it is almost impossible to get a clean shot. I am also more or less satisfied with what I have done, and will look for my next project.

carstenw

Okay, my next project has to involve rust and bent metal I think LOL! I am not even a flower person. I am ODing here.