The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion

woodyspedden

I have just one Zeiss (so far), the 28/2.8 Distagon. I installed the Leitax Contax to EOS mount, and use in on both my 5DII and, with an EOS to m4/3 adapter, on my Panasonics.

20110215 042a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110409 037a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110409 035a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr
I just started using the Zeiss ZK 28mm on my Pentax K-5.I also have the 18mm and the 50 Makro. I love the rendering of the new Zeiss lenses with the only problem being focus is difficult on the 28. However I am practicing and each day it gets better

Woody

carstenw

That 28 Distagon always starts me thinking. That or the ZF.2 28/2. I am just not sure if I would enjoy a 35mm or 28mm more.

Ray, that RTS kit looks great. I thought about getting an RTS on a few occasions, but am not really a 135 format film fan.

carstenw

Another rhododendron shot with the 80-200/4. I added only a single USM action before resizing and a single Smart Sharpen after the resizing was complete. This lens is sharp!

Last edited:

carstenw

Someone left a chair in Tiergarten. Within minutes, there were several photographers walking around it, looking for the perfect angle. I was unfortunately with family and just had time for one shot. The next day it was gone again. Contax 80-200/4:

scho

Very neat shot! Interesting and unexpected reflectances. Took me a while to notice the man :)
Thank you Carsten. Your series of images taken in the Tiergarten are very nice and brought back pleasant memories of our visits to Berlin. We visited with my sister in-law a couple of years ago and enjoyed walking through the Tiergarten in the evening. She lives on Marburgerstr which is quite close to the Tiergarten.

carstenw

Thank you! It has been really interesting for me to shoot these. I am not a landscape photographer, and have not really done anything worthwhile in that direction in the past. I am also not really a flower lover, at least not taking photos of them. Still, I did really enjoy making these photos, but I think it is coming to an end now. I might have another half dozen good ones left, which I just have to find and process, but then I will likely move on to something else.