The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion

benroy

Subscriber Member
Zeiss CY 35-70/3.4 with a Canon 40D:

Roy Benson (over from the Pentax forum).

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Zeiss (CY) 60/2.8 Planar-S with Canon 40D: Public works department.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Zeiss CY 60/2.8 Planar-S with Canon 40D...trespassing in neighbor's yards.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

carstenw

Some nice results with this lens. I prefer the first mailbox and the fire hydrants, as well as the lizard.

I have wanted to hunt down a Contax 35-70/3.4 for a while, but didn't get around to it yet. They tend to be well worn, but I would like to find one in nice shape. Additionally, converting it to Nikon is not that easy, so I am dragging my feet.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Carsten, for the kind words...Fred Miranda has a 35-70 listing going right now...there was another one a couple of days ago...may still be there.

Roy Benson

benroy

Subscriber Member
Zeiss (CY) 100/2.8 Makro-Planar with Canon 40D: in the garden behind my backyard fence...not as easy to hand-hold as the 60 Makro-Planar...very hot, sweat in the eyes...even at 7:30 AM.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wow! I had no idea this thread existed (or I had forgotten about it). Wonderful photos from everyone and it's a refreshing change to be themed by the lens rather than the camera.

So here is my first humble offering from the 100 ZF.2. I'll hunt around for more.

Best,
Tim

carstenw

Two views of a bridge tower, 50MP@f/4 and Nikkor 35/2.8 AI wide open. Okay, I am cheating a little but the shots belong together, I think:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I love the feeling of the glass porthole window in the first shot. Very nice.

And it's true, the 100 ZF.2 does more than macro. Pretty nice portrait lens as well.

Best,
Tim

carstenw

That's right, Jørgen, the main bridge from København to Amager.

Great shot of the kid! Why heartbreaker though?