The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax G Lenses

shermanb

Well, I bought a 45mm f/2 and 90mm f/2.8 off eBay. Just got them and noticed something really odd.

On both lenses, the marking for the aperture doesn't line up with the numbers. For example, when the 45 is wide open, the marking is at around 8. I found a video on youtube with the same issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sQsMdt0sc8

It's odd that it's the same issue on both lenses I got. Are they defective? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

shermanb

Well, two minutes after posting this, I decided to check the manual and it says that the ring will be off until it is mounted.

Too bad I don't have anything to mount it to :( Still waiting for my G to E mount adapter.

Terry

Well, I bought a 45mm f/2 and 90mm f/2.8 off eBay. Just got them and noticed something really odd.

On both lenses, the marking for the aperture doesn't line up with the numbers. For example, when the 45 is wide open, the marking is at around 8. I found a video on youtube with the same issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sQsMdt0sc8

It's odd that it's the same issue on both lenses I got. Are they defective? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.
freaked me out when mine first arrived.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
You are going to love those lenses on the NEX. 45 f/2 just balances so well on NEX and is super-sharp. The 90 is a really nice addition to the kit, too.

RichA

I was offered a mint condition 45mm f2.0 with a stuck wide open diaphram for $40.00. I didn't take it. :(

DReilly

Same thing happened to me when I got my 21mm for my 5N. I was just about to call Bergen County Camera and then I thought to check online and yep, as the lens is attached it aligns. Odd little system. But whatever, it worked.

philber

Still, G 28, 45 and 90 represent totally oustanding value for money on the NEX series. True world-class glass for a couple of hundred bucks each. Well worth the fiddly focusing on the adapter IMHO