The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photos of Alt gear

dude163

My M8 and 1958 Elmar 90/4

Pentax KX with a 1971 Pentax Super MC Takumar 200/4 taken with the camera below

M8 with a 1973 Elmarit 135/2.8 taken with the camera above

P

Pontus

Minolta RF Rokkor 250mm f5.6 with Minolta 2x Tele Converter 200-L
Minolta RF Rokkor 500mm f8.0

Doughnuts anyone :D

engel001

Fast Canon lenses from the 1950's and 60's. Interesting to note the similar optical layout for both the f0.95 and f1.2 lenses.

Last edited:

engel001

Canon VT Deluxe (two variations) with modern limited edition Leica screw mount lenses (50mm Summilux and 35mm Summicron Asph).

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
a modular system with interchangeable prism finders and focusing screens

Nikon F3HP, here with the nearly pancake flat version of AI-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 and flanked by a couple of interchangeable viewfinders.

The camera has the Nikon DE-3 High-Eyepoint Finder mounted.

On its right side (to the left in the picture) the camera is flanked by the Nikon DE-2 Standard Eye Level Finder.

On its left side (to the right in the picture) the camera is flanked by the Nikon DA-2 Action Finder.

click for natural size

in some browsers the F11 key maximizes and again minimizes <-> the web browser window

Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/15 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Brian S

Schneider Karat-Xenar 5cm F2.8 (loose lens at a camera show, no body), Hacked into Leica Mount using the focus mount from a Canon 50/2.8 (unuseable glass on the canon, etching).

The lens barrel is made from the retaining rings of an Industar-61, split ring on the I-61 used as a variable-shim and glued into place, a little teflon around the retaining ring of the Canon and screwed into place. The chrome trim ring is the focus ring from a parts Kodak TLR.

Was it worth the trouble???

The Karat-Xenar is a 5-element in 4 group lens. Looks like it is based on the Tessar, but uses an air-spaced doublet for the front section. It is much sharper than my Zeiss 5cm F2.8 Tessar of the same period, 1930s.

Brian S

Fresh off the Work Bench.

1934 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 Sonnar, converted to Leica using a Jupiter-3 mount.

Testing now, looks really good.

Both wide-open at F1.5. Uncoated lenses were made to be used on the M9. well, this one was...

Last edited:

Kabraxis

What a lovely Tread! I think i sould add somme gear:

Voigtlander SL-Series I (without 12 and 15mm Nikon F)

Best regards
Pascal

zensu

Pentax KX with a 1971 Pentax Super MC Takumar 200/4 taken with the camera below

I was lucky to have the 1971 Pentax Super MC Takumar 200/4 and it was razor sharp. I found it in a pawn shop and stole it for $25 (US), of course this was in 1980. Even at that time it was a real bargain!

Bas

Im new to posting on this forum. Last year I was able to buy a set of Canon LTM lenses in like new condition. I have been using them for about a year now on my nex-6.

Its a Canon 85mm f1.8 ltm together with a 25mm f3.5.

Bas

The 25mm is a fine lens on the Nex. I used it a lot on my trip to the US National Parks last year. I didn't do too much pixel peeping on my photos, but i liked the results so far.
It flares quite a bit different then modern lenses; rays of light are visible (a lot of them) and there is much decreased contrast. This can be annoying sometimes, but it brings a lot of character to the photo as well.
I didn't see any magenta shifts, but I do think there is some smeering in the corners.

Recently i bought a Canon 35mm F2 LTM and its quite different with more contrast and sharpness.
The 85mm is also very sharp (like the 35mm), but with much low contrast on f1.8. On smaller apertures it will look a lot like the 35mm.

Here an images of the new 35mm F2 LTM:

camping

Thanks on info re the 25mm SM. I used to use mine on a Leica M3 over 30 years ago. I have the Nex 7 and have not given it a try. It is packed away with a, I think, 17mm Canon SM.

I had assumed that the 25mm would not work. I will look for them.

Paul

JCT

As I mentioned in the Time Capsule Thread (Nikon), I stumbled across my late father's FT3 last month. Haven't seen it in over 30 years - it's in amazing condition. My sister sent along his 105mm f/2.5 lens and it is pristine as well. One of these days I will run a roll of 35mm through it. In the long-term the goal is to get a Df and really put these lenses back to work! This is the SLR I first learned to shoot with - lots of sentimental value.

Oh, and just for fun, this is the first pic from my new D810 :)