The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lee filter help

richieboone

I am trying to mate a lee filter lens hood with a 67mm lens with little success.

any ideas? what am i missing? i had a ring that worked but lost it. now I have no idea what I had before.

Last edited:

richieboone

Never mind...I found my original adapter:)
Ahhh, that's my only complaint about Lee, when you need some thing quick your out of luck.
Must be nice to have people lined up waiting to buy your product.

pophoto

Yeah, those adapter rings!
I had to wait to build up my collection of filters over the years, buying from ebay and less popular stores simply because of lack of stock. However, when I saw a youtube video of their factory and hand made process, you begin to understand why, and with so many photogs out there, meeting those demands are ever more diminished!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
With LEE you do end up building your collection over time and you learn to never, ever, sell anything.

With rings it's worth searching around the dealers because although the major dealers may be out of popular sizes you can sometimes find them elsewhere on the web. They are also a very safe buy on ebay if you see them.

The hardest thing with LEE in the US is getting the small parts. I often just get them from the UK instead.