The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Commercial Product & Speed, Special Photography Help Needed

haunted4life

Am looking to set up a studio with a few of my friends from scratch. We are going to specialize only in Product Photography enhancing it with Speed & Special Effect Photography.

We will be shooting Products and adding in elements such as Shadow, Smoke, Water, Sparks, Fire, Bubbles, Ripples, Mist, Glow, Splash, Drop, Break, Burst and so on. After some post processing this would be made into Web content, Catalogs, Brochures, Flyers and so on. Very few posters and such if any.

The size of the Products would be a Maximum of about 1.5 x 1.5 Mtr and a minimum of about 100 x 100 mm. Products of Different Texture, Leather, Matt and Gloss Bodies.

I need help with pretty much everything such as but not limited to

1. Camera (Camera with HD Video is preferred)
2. Tripod
3. Lens
4. Filters
5. Flash
6. Lights
7. Domes

I do understand it’s not about the Kit but the Photographer, but at the end of the day you still do need your kit to get you where you want to go with it. Especially when you’re looking to do it for commercial reasons. Other than the space we have nothing else available at the moment.

Total Budget is about 5000 USD, The lesser the better but we don’t want to cut any corners and are ready to spend a little more if needed.

Any and every help or advice is much appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.

T.Karma

1,5m x 1,5m means you need already a bigger setup, enough space, big screens and sobos at least four flashes.

To work halfway comfortably I would calculate to invest:

5000.- for Camera, tripod and lenses.
5000.- for a decent roomfitting
5000.- for flashes and modifiers.

I do not see at all how to do it all with 5000.-

Maybe you can if you buy patiently and used, but it certainly wont be anyway near decent.